Quote:
Originally Posted by apdrvya View Post
*totally thought you had a question about something else... sorry bro

slinks away..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 115 Times in 69 Posts

I threw Optos for a while...The first couple of runs were really stiff, but then they started coming out in gummier Opto plastic. I had one of the gummier ones give up a considerable chunk on some cement. The flat Optos are best for thumbers. That being said, I throw the GLs now as they are still plenty overstable and actually have some glide as well. They also stick better on spikes that come down with a bit too much angle. Overall they have a bit more range as well. My GL has a very even, medium sized dome.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 15
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

i like both versions of opto. the domey ones are actually more stable with a higher parting line. i have rolled the XXX with pretty good success. for some reason i just can't throw a tomahawk with it.

what lat is good for tomahawks?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 115 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
i like both versions of opto. the domey ones are actually more stable with a higher parting line. i have rolled the XXX with pretty good success. for some reason i just can't throw a tomahawk with it.

what lat is good for tomahawks?
There are actually 3 types of XXXs I've thrown:

Type 1: Flat. Pretty overstable and totally dies if not thrown with anny. No glide even much flight to the left, it just dumps. Best for thumbers and other utility shots

Type 2: Flat shoulder, poppy dome in center of disc. These are the same plastic as the flats (mostly HORRIBLE piss yellow and fade out purple, some nice blues). These are more overstable than the flats with a bit more glide. They go a little farther left because they area still flying when they start fading instead of dumping. Not as good for thumbers.

Type 3: Gradual dome starting from the shoulder and sloping up towards the middle. These are the least stable with the most glide, though they are still XXXs. They go a bit farther. Not as good for thumbers, but the best at everything else imo. Most GLs I've seen have this shape.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 21
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post

Type 1: Flat. Pretty overstable and totally dies if not thrown with anny. No glide even much flight to the left, it just dumps. Best for thumbers and other utility shots

Type 2: Flat shoulder, poppy dome in center of disc. These are the same plastic as the flats (mostly HORRIBLE piss yellow and fade out purple, some nice blues). These are more overstable than the flats with a bit more glide. They go a little farther left because they area still flying when they start fading instead of dumping. Not as good for thumbers.

Type 3: Gradual dome starting from the shoulder and sloping up towards the middle. These are the least stable with the most glide, though they are still XXXs. They go a bit farther. Not as good for thumbers, but the best at everything else imo. Most GLs I've seen have this shape.
Definitely in search of a type 1. Sounds like what I'm wanting.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:04 PM

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love my opto but I have a hard time finding it. It's just a matter of time until I lose it.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

i love my opto xxx

obviously it is my rhbh & rhfh overstable disc but i'v ealso landed some great rhfh rollers and it is currently my long distance overhand disc
Old 08-26-2011, 12:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 15
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post

i have a couple opto type 2 and type 3.....will do hree for two for blue/teal type 1
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 138
Niced 13 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmich View Post
ive never seen one id consider domey but some are table top flat and those are the best. opto is crazy durable.
this - i have had a few xXxs from DGC (3) to be exact. All have been flat optos. love this disc for overhands, tight rollers, FH

Old 08-26-2011, 12:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 47
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

My Black GL XXX is very flat. The rim is a little too shallow for my liking to be used for thumbers and sidearm though.