Old 12-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.9
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 392 Times in 172 Posts
Default DinosaurThunder ITB

My old ITB thread was outdated and very clustered. Starting up a fresh thread and would love to hear your suggestions and feedback. Where is my overlap? The teebirds and FD's? I would like to keep all suggestions in the Discmania/Innova family.

I am LHBH and RHFH, although I can putt and throw mids RHBH.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Banned

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tds are baller. Extremely straight. Not as much as a saint but close. Would be a good one to cycle. And no Pds? Waaat
Old 12-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

TD's are baller! After a few rounds of testing I prefer them to combo with my FD's. Teebirds are out of the bag

I did just get a first run PD and a MF PD in a mystery box.. maybe it's time to test it again!?
Old 12-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

After some feedback and nice messages from people. I realized there was too much overlap with the teebirds and FD's, so I dropped the teebird. Really liking the flight of the TD and can't wait to break one in for next spring.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:59 AM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,362 Times in 1,724 Posts

I really like my S-Line TD and my Factory Second C-Line FD. I don't see overlap between FD and Teebird, though I guess the FD2 could be.

If you have specific uses for those discs, then by all means use them. If you could combine uses for a particular mold and lighten that 20-disc load, you might want to consider that.

Oderwise, it looks like a good bag.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:29 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,113 Times in 747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder View Post
TD's are baller! After a few rounds of testing I prefer them to combo with my FD's. Teebirds are out of the bag

I did just get a first run PD and a MF PD in a mystery box.. maybe it's time to test it again!?
With the right PDs you can cover a lot of bases.

Beat PPD and SPDs flat out bomb. First run should be nice and OS. No PD in a discmania bag is madness!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I really like my S-Line TD and my Factory Second C-Line FD. I don't see overlap between FD and Teebird, though I guess the FD2 could be.

If you have specific uses for those discs, then by all means use them. If you could combine uses for a particular mold and lighten that 20-disc load, you might want to consider that.

Oderwise, it looks like a good bag.
I like that idea of lightening the load! My overlap of the teebird and FD stemmed from use of controlled backhand shots, I may get slightly more distance with a teebird, but the FD offers me more control and consistency. I want to keep evaluating lightening the load and finding uses for existing mainstays to cover shots. I could probably drop the Nova and use the KC P2 to cover that shot type etc. I think there are a few more opportunities for this lineup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
With the right PDs you can cover a lot of bases.

Beat PPD and SPDs flat out bomb. First run should be nice and OS. No PD in a discmania bag is madness!
I know right!? I'm the dark-horse of the Discmania community not throwing PD's. As I continue to improve my BH form, I think it may be time to try it again! Originally I couldn't get enough behind PD's to use them to their full potential.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,362 Times in 1,724 Posts

Quote:
My overlap of the teebird and FD stemmed from use of controlled backhand shots, I may get slightly more distance with a teebird, but the FD offers me more control and consistency.
This is just my story and experience, but for me the FD (and C-Line plastic, to boot) is straight to slightly understable with little fade. Maybe on a max power, max length throw in the open I get some fade at the end, but when I throw the FD and TL (which I throw instead of the Teebird itself) on controlled shots, the FD does not fade as much as the TL at the end. So maybe it's just my FD, but I'm not getting Teebird out of it; YMMV.

Quote:
I could probably drop the Nova and use the KC P2 to cover that shot type etc. I think there are a few more opportunities for this lineup!
I was just using the Nova today on a very wooded, technical course, trying to channel my inner Paul McBeth and throw laser-straight throws. I managed to channel my inner McBeth to some slightly understable shots and half the distance McBeth throws the Nova. But it *IS* a great straight-flight disc.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I was just using the Nova today on a very wooded, technical course, trying to channel my inner Paul McBeth and throw laser-straight throws. I managed to channel my inner McBeth to some slightly understable shots and half the distance McBeth throws the Nova. But it *IS* a great straight-flight disc.
The Nova compliments my S-line P2 so well! I don't think I can drop it

I did however drop the GPd2, no need for it in my bag for what I use PD2's for. I also had the guys at Discmania put together a handpicked FD box and am excited to test some new runs and the p-line FD.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

P-line FDs are delectable! Although if C-Lines are your straight fairway then they may be too flippy for your power level. For me they fly like a 3rd run C-line beat to the sweet spot when fresh.