Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Which of these best describes Hole 18 at the Utah Open?
A par 2 where 38% of throws are errors, and 1% of throws are hero throws. 6 25.00%
A par 3 where 24% of throws are errors, and 33% of throws are hero throws. 16 66.67%
A par 4 where 16% of throws are hero throws, and 23% are double heroes. 1 4.17%
A par 5 where 37% of throws are hero throws, and 21% are double heroes. 0 0%
A par 6 where 16% of throws are hero throws, and 62% are double heroes. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2861  
Old 06-27-2018, 08:36 AM
DavidSauls's Avatar
DavidSauls DavidSauls is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newberry, SC
Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 127
Posts: 15,413
Niced 3,918 Times in 1,654 Posts
Default

Makes you wonder why the PDGA even bothered to put those other words in the definition.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2862  
Old 06-27-2018, 08:56 AM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 94
Posts: 6,874
Niced 2,418 Times in 978 Posts
Default

The PDGA definition including the words "as determined by the director" is needed since the director is the funnel through which info spills to the PDGA but actual par of a hole should be established by the designer if they are doing things right.
Reply With Quote
  #2863  
Old 06-27-2018, 10:24 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,136
Niced 887 Times in 598 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaSnapples View Post
That's not the definition of par. That isn't even the definition of par that the PDGA uses. You're being willfully obtuse just to push your beliefs on what par is and isn't. At least include the entire definition and not just a snippet from it. It's been reference about 100 times in this thread. It shouldn't be hard to find.
What is it now?
Reply With Quote
  #2864  
Old 06-27-2018, 10:34 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,136
Niced 887 Times in 598 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
but actual par of a hole should be established by the designer if they are doing things right.
Reply With Quote
  #2865  
Old 06-27-2018, 10:52 AM
NegaSnapples's Avatar
NegaSnapples NegaSnapples is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Years Playing: 6.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 207
Niced 157 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
What is it now?
Quote:
Par is the score that an expert disc golfer would be expected to make on a given hole with errorless play under ordinary weather conditions, as determined by the Director
Source: https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/811

Steve attempts to calculate the entire definition before the comma.

This really isn't hard to understand guys.

If your argument is "This all doesn't matter it's up to the TD anyway!". Then yeah, you're right. There's no use for you to be in this thread.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2866  
Old 06-27-2018, 10:59 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,136
Niced 887 Times in 598 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaSnapples View Post
Source: https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/811

Steve attempts to calculate the entire definition before the comma.

This really isn't hard to understand guys.

If your argument is "This all doesn't matter it's up to the TD anyway!". Then yeah, you're right. There's no use for you to be in this thread.
In other words, you were wrong and Doof was right all along. Your take above is terrible by the way. Bad, and you should feel bad.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2867  
Old 06-27-2018, 11:02 AM
DG_player DG_player is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 563
Niced 169 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaSnapples View Post
Source: https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/811

Steve attempts to calculate the entire definition before the comma.

This really isn't hard to understand guys.

If your argument is "This all doesn't matter it's up to the TD anyway!". Then yeah, you're right. There's no use for you to be in this thread.
Even if you believe it's all up to the TD, surely some evaluation is going to be useful to the TD so he can make reasoned adjustments in future setups?

God knows I disagree with Steve quite often, and don't even think his method is the best evaluation method. I certainly disagree with most people on this thread with what should be done with the information post-evaluation. But to suggest that any sort of evaluation is useless because "it's up to the TD anyway" is absurd!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2868  
Old 06-27-2018, 11:05 AM
NegaSnapples's Avatar
NegaSnapples NegaSnapples is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Years Playing: 6.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 207
Niced 157 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
Even if you believe it's all up to the TD, surely some evaluation is going to be useful to the TD so he can make reasoned adjustments in future setups?

God knows I disagree with Steve quite often, and don't even think his method is the best evaluation method. I certainly disagree with most people on this thread with what should be done with the information post-evaluation. But to suggest that any sort of evaluation is useless because "it's up to the TD anyway" is absurd!
Tell that to Doof.
Reply With Quote
  #2869  
Old 06-27-2018, 11:06 AM
NegaSnapples's Avatar
NegaSnapples NegaSnapples is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Years Playing: 6.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 207
Niced 157 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
In other words, you were wrong and Doof was right all along. Your take above is terrible by the way. Bad, and you should feel bad.
I wasn't wrong at all. Your reading comprehension skills need some work buddy.

I guess you missed where I said "At least include the entire definition and not just a snippet from it.".

You're dumb, and you should feel dumb.
Reply With Quote
 

  #2870  
Old 06-27-2018, 11:23 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,136
Niced 887 Times in 598 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaSnapples View Post
I wasn't wrong at all. Your reading comprehension skills need some work buddy.

I guess you missed where I said "At least include the entire definition and not just a snippet from it.".

You're dumb, and you should feel dumb.
Quote:
Par is the score that an expert disc golfer would be expected to make on a given hole with errorless play under ordinary weather conditions, as determined by the Director
Dude...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Par 4s - multiple in a row or sprinkle par 3s into them? ToddL Course Design 9 02-23-2018 09:47 AM
Poorly designed par 4,5,and par 6 holes and bad high par courses optidiscic Course Design 159 09-12-2014 10:53 AM
Cgkdisc and jeverett talk about par Steve West Course Design 53 05-05-2012 08:37 AM
Deuce or die par 3's or play for par, par 3's? BrotherDave Disc Golf Courses 14 04-29-2011 12:04 AM
Par and Pro Par for multiple tees with different pars? marcusmpe General Disc Golf Chat 6 04-26-2010 06:13 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.