Old 01-30-2020, 04:44 PM

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Form Check Please: Video and freeze frames

Album link: https://imgur.com/a/bIJylVq

I have been trying to fix my form on my own for quite a while. I am pretty happy with it now but I am sure there are things I am missing. The drive in this video was a DD3 that went just over 400' on a slight downhill and slight headwind. I can get speed 7s to 360'ish and speed 9s to 380'ish with decent consistency. Trying to focus on the lower speed discs but throwing one DD3 every so often for fun.

The biggest thing I am working on right now is engaging my hips correctly. My biggest recent breakthrough came by trying to lead my final step with my left glute and starting the forward motion of the disc with my hips. I am also working on getting a nose down disc angle with my wrist. I am not sure my plant/brace is fully correct. My back foot may also be pointed too far back, but it has been hard for me to keep it square while still turning my hips. In general the throw does not look as "athletic" or "natural" as the pros. Hopefully that will come with practice.

I would really appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you! (Also posted this on Reddit. Not sure where most people go for form feedback)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2020, 06:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 288 Times in 219 Posts

This isn't something "wrong" necessarily, but you are turning back way too early. It's possible to throw well like this, but you'll find you are a lot more accurate and the sequencing should feel a lot more natural with a later turnback. Shoulders should be essentially pointing towards the target all the way throughout the x-step until the plant foot starts to stride out for the final plant. Feels weird and super late, but it works.

This will be a much more welcoming and helpful place than reddit, imo. If you stick around you will learn a lot. Welcome!

Old 01-31-2020, 01:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,207 Times in 1,948 Posts

Your stride is too long/stance too wide. You need to land on front leg like you want to reverse back and change direction quick like a shifty running back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvXcIcNGgs&t=169s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0&t=1m14s