Old 11-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 179
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Changes to the PDGA Tour Standards

I got my yearly email from the PDGA pertaining to the 2012 Tour Standards update. The main update has to do with A-Tier added cash requirements.
I'm really happy they made the clarification that the added cash is supposed to be for the pro purse. There seems to have been several issues this year of TD's not meeting pro purse added cash reqs and people getting all in a huff about it. Anyway the PDGA after I don't know how many years now actually put it in writing that the added cash req was for the pro purse not pro/am purses.

The other change they made which should help out those with low pro turnout is the 1/20th rule. Basically it says that if your pro turnout is low (<20 pros) you can elect to only add the minimum added cash per pro for that specific tier.
Ex. NT's 1/20th of $4000 = $200 per pro / A-Tiers 1/20th of $1800 (yes they changed it from $1500) =$90 per pro / B-Tiers 1/20th of $500 = $25 per pro

Like I said thats only if you have less than 20 pros for that event.

I'm not sure when you have to post as a TD that you are going to elect to use the 1/20th purse. I would think it would have to be before the event as in way before the event. I can see alot of pros getting in a huff because the X amount added cash they were promised gets changed day of the event. I dunno well have to see.

I would think the smart thing to do (if your running a PDGA sanctioned tournament) is to advertise that if the pro field is going to be small as in <20 that your going to use the 1/20th option otherwise it'll be X amount added cash for that tier.

I know the majority of posters here are ams but I do know there are a few pros lurking around here as well as TD's.
Whats everyone's thoughts on this change?
Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2011, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40
Courses Played: 101
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the A and B tier status as always been cash added to pro...I never even considered adding to AM divisions. Now if I could let's say only add $100 to the pro purse if I had only 4 pros play, that would almost be a farce.

My B tier event I run is funded entirely by sponsors so the money is there anyway...I have never been dependent on funding from other divisions.