Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 176
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default going to st louis again

Head out thursday for a week in st louis-fulton area. I played siuox passage, albert oakland, quail ridge, endicott, and joseph miller last trip. For sure hittin sioux passage and jefferson barracks and was thinking bout hitting indian hills and el shaddai. Anyone played either of these? Anymore must hits?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 441
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

if you want to make a little jaunt over to IL, Foundation Park in Centralia is about an 1.5 hrs from STL. Probably in the top 3 of courses in Illinois. It's a killer.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 197
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

definitely play indian hills, and if you're down there already might as well play Joseph Miller in Jeff City...i only played El Shaddai once, it was fun but the layout was little hard to follow since there were very few markings of any kind. this was several years ago so it may be better marked now, but being a "private" course i'm pretty sure there are no tee pads or anything other than baskets really...and i would agree with hognosesucker about Foundation Park, great course...and Sioux Pass is fantastic, go play that again
Old 08-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

absolutely second the recomemendation to get over to centralia if you can- foundation park DGC has both an 18 hole champ and a 9 hole rec course that shouldn't be missed, if at all possible.

there's also a brand new course in fulton, at veteran's park. i haven't played it, and so can offer no substantive comment.

and, if you're set on hitting siouxP again (and i wouldn't blame you by any means), just across the mississppi in alton illinois is rocksprings park- a newish 18 that offers a good round of golf, and a great complement to sioux if done in the same day (it's a long and challenging day- but well worth it!). lacking some niceties, and still fairly rough off the fairways (get it?), but worth the effort.

lastly, south of st. louis, in festus, are west city park and jokerst. a challenging and long 18 and a quick pitch and putt, respectively, they are another good pair of courses to play in tandem.

i would say that, truly, foundation is the only "can't miss" out of the group listed, but rocksprings and west city park are both very playable courses that will hold the interest of most golfers.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 349
Niced 13 Times in 5 Posts

I will add on to Centralia, IL. It's one of the best courses in Illinois.

If you play Souix Passage check out Alton, IL. It's about 6 miles form there and it's a fun course. It's actually one of my favorites in the area.

Another fun course is Collinsville, IL. Print out a map because it's hard to navigate but the course is fun to play once you find your way around.