Old 10-24-2020, 01:39 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 63 Times in 54 Posts
Default Which Zuca

Sold my Delta 11. Got nearly 3 years out of it. Trying to figure out what Zuca I want to move to.

Overall, I liked the Delta - but:

No bottle holder. The cooler ended up a bottle holder. Speaking of, i didn't need or use the cooler.

The secondary storage was more than I needed - I generally need a spot for phone, wallet, key, speaker, and a jacket.

Disc storage space was too large. I generally carry 5-7 molds, around 15-16 discs.

Been debating Compact, Trekker, and Transit.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2020, 07:20 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 158
Niced 100 Times in 53 Posts

Sounds to me like Transit would be overkill for what you carry, so it's really Trekker or Compact. I personally pull a Backpack LG, because I bag a lot of new courses and want the option to change on the spot - so I can't tell you more about those specific carts. EXCEPT: I really wasn't thrilled with the bottle holders that Zuca uses on all their carts. They're pretty flimsy, and don't grip well. I almost always leave a bottle somewhere along a course. I replaced mine with Arundel Looney Bin cages I found on Amazon. My only other advice about Zuca is to make sure the locking Allen screws on the axle nuts are really tight - they tend to work themselves off, especially it you're assembling the wheels and axle on-the-go. I lost one nut and bought some replacement locking nuts - they're a standard metric size.

Aside from those two minor things, I've really liked my Zuca. It's plenty sturdy and well-built. See the website dgmods for lots of great ideas.

Good luck!

Niced: (1)
Old 10-24-2020, 09:47 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 396 Times in 226 Posts

I recently put the Trekker insert in my backpack cart and really like it. Plenty of room for 18-20 discs and all of the extras a guy would need.

I havent had any issues with my axle nuts coming lose but maybe Im just lucky.

People complain about the included bottle holders and they do seem slightly flimsy but I find a 32 oz Nalgene bottle fits great and Ive never had one fall out even dragging it up and down the mountains.

The Transit cart intrigues me because the thought of carrying the discs at the top of the cart sounds wonderful to a guy with lower back issues. Not sure if having the discs up top makes the cart more tipsy or not.

While I like my Trekker setup, it came about because I already had the backpack cart and just had to add the bag. If I didnt have a cart to begin with I might have looked into the Transit cart.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 141
Niced 540 Times in 241 Posts

I think the mini fits your needs the best.
In terms of size/space, the Trekker & Transit are both bigger than the standard disc golf cart.

Old 10-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post

The Transit cart intrigues me because the thought of carrying the discs at the top of the cart sounds wonderful to a guy with lower back issues. Not sure if having the discs up top makes the cart more tipsy or not.

While I like my Trekker setup, it came about because I already had the backpack cart and just had to add the bag. If I didnt have a cart to begin with I might have looked into the Transit cart.
I was leaning towards the compact for the wt. factor. Given my minimal disc selection (although it ebs and flows) it seemed the most sensible - and instead of carrying 4 of some molds, I could just carry 2 and keep backups in a weekend bag - which I really need to invest in for some of the local Ozark courses. I had a painfully bad round just the other day due to trying to cart something I had no business carting.

That said, I agree with you on the Transit. I'll be 40 soon and lifting the discs off the ground would be very nice for my back. I am concerned about the tip factor there. The underneath storage could be nice on occasion if I need it.

I'm leaning away from the Trekker. That seems like more storage than I need without the benefit of getting discs up off the ground.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:39 PM
Par Member

I ordered the Transit.

I weighed the options and decided it is likely to be the best fit for me. Others might find my reasoning helpful:

- Visibility from above.
- Raised bag easier on back.
- Bag insert is 16" wide which is narrower than the disc storage in Delta but wider than the compact.
- I liked the open storage area underneath as opposed to cloth enclosed storage.

Non-factors:
- Seat height.
- Weight was gonna be an improvement, no matter which model I picked.
- Water Bottle Holders - Zuca has them, Delta did not.
- Cooler - don't need it.