Old 11-27-2017, 11:13 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 26.8
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 120 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
What? I have never flipped any of the runs I have had. There is nothing flippy about them.
Yeah I was surprised to read that. Those must have been total fluke discs...I might have been petty enough to try and get a refund if I could flip a Mortar...or totally revaluate my form haha
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 25
Niced 33 Times in 26 Posts

I was out last week throwing them into 20 mph headwinds with 35 mpg gusts and they stood up a bit, maybe turned a hair then finished strong. They were never flippy.

The only time I ever turn them over is when I really roll my wrists on a FH throw. Like really roll my wrist because my form is so bad. And at that point I know it's all me.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:09 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 92 Times in 71 Posts

All I know is, the whole deal with the mortar was that it was a beadles gator. It's a gator, but beadless! Big Jerm and Sexton both talked about how they liked the gator but couldn't get with the bead for forehand... lo and behold, the mortar.

Now they added a microbead? Why screw around? The whole point was that the thing was beadless! No thanks.

If I wanted a microbeaded stable mid to FH, I would buy a verdict or MD4 and not worry about paying a premium for these.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 181 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
All I know is, the whole deal with the mortar was that it was a beadles gator. It's a gator, but beadless! Big Jerm and Sexton both talked about how they liked the gator but couldn't get with the bead for forehand... lo and behold, the mortar.

Now they added a microbead? Why screw around? The whole point was that the thing was beadless! No thanks.

If I wanted a microbeaded stable mid to FH, I would buy a verdict or MD4 and not worry about paying a premium for these.
From what I understand, it was not intentional to add the micro bead. They have a run that has it and they designate it as such. But going forward the next runs of the mold should be back to having no bead. If the micro bead if so offensive, wait for the next run.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:14 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
From what I understand, it was not intentional to add the micro bead. They have a run that has it and they designate it as such. But going forward the next runs of the mold should be back to having no bead. If the micro bead if so offensive, wait for the next run.
Color me offended
Old 11-30-2017, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 29
Niced 155 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:

the "beadless" gator has always had a small bead so im not sure why it was labeled as such. anywho, the original mortar was this small beaded gator, then got retooled or made into a newer mold that has zero bead on it. this recent 1.4 run has again been run as the small bead gator(''beadless''). i believe it is not another retool but a mistake on which mold to run since hyzerbomb has used 2 molds for the mortar basically.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 181 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
the "beadless" gator has always had a small bead so im not sure why it was labeled as such. anywho, the original mortar was this small beaded gator, then got retooled or made into a newer mold that has zero bead on it. this recent 1.4 run has again been run as the small bead gator(''beadless''). i believe it is not another retool but a mistake on which mold to run since hyzerbomb has used 2 molds for the mortar basically.
If this is the case, I think they should intentionally run both versions as alternate runs. That way people have a choice of which they like better.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
I have to admit that after reading through this thread a bit and spotting the pic of the "microbead," it would seem that the bead is small enough as to not interfere with any kind of grip, including forehand. And if it's the case that the beadles gators have always had the microbead, whatever.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Par Member

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
I have to admit that after reading through this thread a bit and spotting the pic of the "microbead," it would seem that the bead is small enough as to not interfere with any kind of grip, including forehand. And if it's the case that the beadles gators have always had the microbead, whatever.
Yeah it is very small, but I still prefer older runs when throwing forehand. With backhand it doesn't really matter.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 78
Niced 166 Times in 121 Posts

Got to see a 1.4 recon compared side-by-side against my 1.3 recon this weekend. Not the same wing at all. This is the kind of crap that I stopped throwing the OLF because of - feel and flight being different enough that they aren't the same disc. Was considering getting some frontline-x for the winter but skipped them for now in favor of z flx zones to use for forehand approaches and such.