Old 02-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 76 Times in 63 Posts
Default Delta Cart Vs. Ridge Roller

1. I am currently debating my next Large Disc golf purchase within the next 6 months or so.
2. I currently have a Grip C15 which I use for quick rounds and a Pound OctoHaul for Tournament Play.
3. I have narrowed it down to two options the Delta 12 and the Ridge Roller. (I know the Delta 12 is not out yet)
4. Reason for purchase: I am looking for a cart to take on multiple day tournaments and hot/rainy weather. Not that the Pound bag is bad by any means, it has a lot of room and has amazing features, and Carts cant be used on every course due to terrain. I would just like another option and see what Carts are all about.
5. Also, I will be making this purchase in the next 6 months or so because I will need to save up the cash. So I am in no rush to buy.

I carry 18-22ish discs, plenty of water, snacks, disc retriever, towels, keys, phone,wallet, pencils/sharpie, scorecard, birdie 2 bags.

So Let me hear what the pros and cons are to each as well as if you have experience with both. Thanks for any input!!!!
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Gmtata01; 02-28-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 29.8
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 97 Times in 50 Posts

Delta is a great cart, but I guess if you are looking for an option besides bringing your bag along with a Delta, the Ridge Roller is the way to go. They are just not the same and you can't take your "bag" off the delta for a cartless round. If it being a separate bag/cart that also combine, is NOT important to you, then look at the pros and cons of each ( Delta people love their carts, Ridge Roller people love theirs ).

Personally when I chose between the Zuca and the Delta I went with the Zuca because of the taller seat height and more storage. Took another look at the Deltas when the Ridge/Roller combo came out and chose the Ridge simply because I saw that it looked like a well designed and quality bag that I could take off my cart when needed, and that was my biggest criteria so...

But they both are great options for sure. Both are highly modifiable and excellent quality ( VS a lot of the issues the Zuca had )

Old 03-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 177 Times in 117 Posts

I use the DD branded Zuca Backpack cart. Your Octothorpe should fit nicely in there. If you get to a course that isn't cart friendly just take out the bag and you're good to go. If you don't care about having a seat or you want another bag to have a seat the RR will do the same thing.

For me the backpack cart is the best of both worlds. I'm never stick without an option that best suits the course.