Old 05-18-2019, 08:58 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 14 Times in 11 Posts

I haven't been this stoked probably ever before, I feel I just made more progress over night than I have made in a year. I watched a follow through pics you posted in technique section, I realised they have that forward tilt when they are facing the target!

I tried some hockey slapshots without a stick and tried to throw that way, I feel this improved my balance a ton. To me it looks like my head is much better supported by my lower spine and my hitpoint moved forward while my upper body moved back behind the brace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YvB54hpaw

Problems I still see is my arc going behind my body and stride and disc cross roads. Offhand feels very passive because that swim move feels little bit unnatural and forced to me atm. Maybe will try to work it like Simon and just "punch" it to the side of my left leg.

I'm also trying to work on getting that pendulum more horizontal like Philo Brathwaite is doing because that way I feel my height control is better.

Thanks dudes you are genious!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2019, 12:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,402 Times in 1,495 Posts

Yeah, looking better. Still need to shift your center quicker to the front leg and be in more dynamic athletic position landing on the front leg with it stacked more underneath you - so your front knee should be more over your toes landing rather than your knee already over your ankle/heel and landing flat footed. Simon elbow's his hips(center) forward, and the lower arm swims down to his side/behind him into extension....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpp7ZFLHK90&t=9m40s

Niced: (1)
Old 06-03-2019, 03:16 AM
Bogey Member

Vacation in France, drunken hershyzer on the street.

https://youtu.be/pDC5nFyCOS8

Am I too leaned back at the beginning and maybe still leading too much with foot? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-04-2019, 09:29 PM
* Ace Member *

You are trying to manipulate your stride. You need to hold your foot back as long as possible so it's pure reaction/instinct to catch yourself from falling on your butt. Don't try to stride to the left/closed. This is a drill moving straight away from the wall. You aren't landing in balance on the front leg because you are striding/drifting/swaying to the left and have to stand up out of athletic posture with your right shoulder never swinging/releasing forward - your shoulder just goes around/back behind your front side.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 9.20.51 PM.jpg (30.6 KB, 95 views)

Old 06-06-2019, 02:08 AM
Bogey Member

When you stride from left leg to right leg, should your right leg feel like it's hanging from your hip totally relaxed?

Old 06-06-2019, 03:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Yep.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:01 AM
Bogey Member

No progress really when it comes to looks, but been hitting my lines really good last week. Was supposed to throw a hyzer flip on this one but didn't fully commit to my line, end result was good tho, birdied this 300m par 5 with 3rd shot being a little sidearm flick.

At the end of round focused on that offarm counter and it started to make more sense, my next goal to get that to muscle memory. Now it's still a thing I have to think about during/before the throw.

What comes to striding, I feel like I want to get it more linear. Now it feels like I rotate into brace... That's really a thing I'm most confused with and can't seem to find the right feeling for.

https://youtu.be/Jtj1f6lfrAY

EDIT: sorry about bad angle, wanted to get the flight on tape.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Your rear leg is getting in the way of momentum. Need to glide quicker over it with more rhythm/gallop of the feet like a horse. Try running as fast as possible sideways/laterally and slightly closed back and forth like 100' as a footwork drill.

If you were to run laterally as fast and efficient as possible perpetually, then you would naturally gallop/hop the x-step to keep the leg out of the way. You wouldn't try to load your weight back, you wouldn't crouch or stay level, you wouldn't stride too far away from either foot, you wouldn't try keep your feet sideways, you would just try to move in the most centered efficient way without losing balance. It's the same thing but slowed down. If you can do it in slow motion then you are in balance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Markus basically just hops over the rear leg and maintains forward leverage from the rear instead falling into the plant. The real drive of the x-step comes from the right leg before the crossover. The crossover is just a more efficient way move laterally with the legs being out of the way of each other than the alternative which some guys do or used to do.

Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Bogey Member

Been galloping last two days at home, work, busstop so much that I felt exchausted when I went to throw couple discs today. Threw couple to net and some at nearby course and those felt quite effortless, like I used gravity much better to my aid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iFlbKWxxx0

Leading the stride with foot maybe, but knees and feet seem to seperate at same pace better? Have to get that upper arm wider to get deeper into the pocket, might have figured how to do it by watching those throws.

Thanks in advance!

Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Look at where your left elbow is at heel plant, behind you and too late to the party and has to go around you away from target.

Elbow comes in forward with heel plant.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=124523

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 1.45.57 PM.jpg (42.1 KB, 29 views)