Old 06-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Banned

Niced 90 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
Hard to call it new whenever it's just a P3X with a new name. But yes, it's a great mold.
Doesn't the P3X have a concave bottom wing to it? The Invader is convex.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2022, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,935 Times in 982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
Hard to call it new whenever it's just a P3X with a new name. But yes, it's a great mold.

Hmm. I bagged a P3X for about a year. Also picked up an Invader earlier this year.

Definitely not the same disc.

The Invader is very neutral and if you power it up you better be clean or it will turn over pretty easy. Also, it pretty much finishes straight- maybe a very slight fade. The P3X handled power much better and wasn’t as temperamental about angles and would always have a reliable fade when it ran out of steam.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 160
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 708 Times in 318 Posts

cross posting for helpful info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
They're just like low profile Wizards, minus some glide. Which I really like about them. They go FAR, but they don't really glide away on me. They will flip and get away from you if you aren't careful, on pulls with 250'+ power. But pretty trustworthy at 80% or less.

Right now, I've got the following 5 running through my bag, in order of most to least stable.

Halo: slightly domey, which I don't love. But it is flattening with some use. Pretty straight with the slightest finish. Will hold a sweeping hyzer nicely.

Luster: Flatter and about as OS as Halo. Will hold sweeping hyzers, but won't really fade/finish left. Will hold anny too. Will also flip to dead straight out to about 275' for me. Really useful disc.

Star: My favorite. Just a perfect feeling putter. Started out dead straight to 275'. Now it has a touch of flip and some drift. Won't burn over if thrown cleanly. Struggles to hold hyzer at power after nearly a year of use. But this is the disc that got my to ditch Wizards after 10 years. And Where I would start if I were going to buy a throwing Invader.

DX x 2: Putting and touchy little turnovers or short anny. They will burn over with any real power. But they putt great. DX is softer than I prefer. Can't wait for some KC Pro Invaders.

Hope this helps, pal.

Niced: (3)

Old 08-06-2022, 03:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6,375 Times in 2,561 Posts

Took out a pair of Dx Invaders to the course yesterday...and I've got to say I'm a fan. Fresh, they would do amazing straight lines with foreward fade. By the end of the round, they were showing some turn on power lines (they hit some trees...I was basically playing an Invader only round).

Niced: (2)