Old 10-11-2019, 03:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,025 Times in 570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
I've never thrown a Roach with the stability of a Luna... Luna can definitely handle a lot more torque.
I've posted this before, but it didn't seem to give Paul any trouble going from the Big Z Roach, to a Big Z Luna:

Roach:
https://youtu.be/8Uu_VITLAYY?t=373
Luna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKNikhvYvZY

Same angle release and height. The Big Z Luna might have a hair more stability, but it's spot on with Ti Roaches. My small stack of Ti attests to that.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2019, 11:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,742 Times in 722 Posts

The real difference between a Luna and a Roach is about $7 MSRP.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:38 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 103
Niced 69 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
The real difference between a Luna and a Roach is about $7 MSRP.
And the plastic I referenced a few posts ago... of course, if I can't get the run I like for normal retail, I won't be buying any more... which is disappointing to say the least. REALLY liked the KC Pro-like with slight grittiness run.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:17 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 65 Times in 36 Posts

Finally got to throw my ESP Luna. Safe to say it's a decent amount more stable than any of the proto or stock runs I've thrown. Super solid driving putter.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,742 Times in 722 Posts

Can we just start calling the Roach the "Poor Man's Luna?"

Niced: (3)
Old 10-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,179 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwrenn View Post
And the plastic I referenced a few posts ago... of course, if I can't get the run I like for normal retail, I won't be buying any more... which is disappointing to say the least. REALLY liked the KC Pro-like with slight grittiness run.
I really like the pre-Luna first Paul McBeth Prototype, but Discraft says they can't replicate that particular plastic blend. I call B.S. on that, because you KNOW if Paul McBeth had said "Hey, that's the most awesome plastic ever!", they'd be making lots more of it.

Anyhoo, if people want to pay a lot more for the Luna than other discs, they're entitled to do so....
Old 10-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 103
Niced 69 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I really like the pre-Luna first Paul McBeth Prototype, but Discraft says they can't replicate that particular plastic blend. I call B.S. on that, because you KNOW if Paul McBeth had said "Hey, that's the most awesome plastic ever!", they'd be making lots more of it.

Anyhoo, if people want to pay a lot more for the Luna than other discs, they're entitled to do so....
I hear you. I haven't even tried that version because I figure it's pointless, even if I loved it, you can't get more of them.

I don't play a ton, so $16-18 bucks doesn't bother me. Putting putters can last me for years. But, artificial scarcity and driving the price to 20 or even 30+ bucks over time isn't cool. Although the Luna I have that I like the most isn't a first run, it's not like the current run either. Not sure why they've switched 2+ times.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 98 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post

It doesn’t matter how much Paul wants it, if the material isn’t available, they can’t make the same blend. Discraft doesn’t make their own plastic pebbles and make them into discs. They get their plastic and rubber from a separate supplier and the white rubber that made that blend what it is, wasn’t being produced anymore. So they transitioned to black rubber for the first runs and it maintained a similar firmness but didn’t have the gritty texture. The most recent run came out quite a bit softer which I absolutely believe Paul had a hand in that decision, as that blend was probably the most consistent staying the chains putting towards the middle and end of the season at worlds.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,373 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
It doesn’t matter how much Paul wants it, if the material isn’t available, they can’t make the same blend. Discraft doesn’t make their own plastic pebbles and make them into discs. They get their plastic and rubber from a separate supplier and the white rubber that made that blend what it is, wasn’t being produced anymore. So they transitioned to black rubber for the first runs and it maintained a similar firmness but didn’t have the gritty texture. The most recent run came out quite a bit softer which I absolutely believe Paul had a hand in that decision, as that blend was probably the most consistent staying the chains putting towards the middle and end of the season at worlds.
The odd thing is that the Rubber Blend Buzzz came out AFTER they said that the plastic for the LUNA was not available anymore.

To me the plastic in the Rubber Blend Buzzz feels close to the Proto LUNA.

Old 10-14-2019, 02:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 98 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
The odd thing is that the Rubber Blend Buzzz came out AFTER they said that the plastic for the LUNA was not available anymore.

To me the plastic in the Rubber Blend Buzzz feels close to the Proto LUNA.
Hmm I may need to check out a rubber blend buzzz for myself. Does it have the same grittiness the proto lunas had?