Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 418 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmo65 View Post
Same with Jomez...
I'll admit that I was more of a Jomez fan when they were organic/grassroots.

Now that they've "set the standard" I feel like they (probably) feel pressured to have a CONSTANT social media presence. Probably good for fan engagement. But, for people like me, it gets annoying & I unfollow them in teh off-season...

Sorry Jomez crew, but the, "what are you going to throw on this sub-300' hole is just a trite attempt at engagement, and it works every single day... It only annoys me because it illustrates how stupid people are. Here's a 250' hole downhill with a guardian tree. Most common answer: I'm throwing an [insert new disc fansbois are squishing over].

I don't do a lot with social media, but I do a ton with the local club, and I will admit the Trilogy clan are the worst....
Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Par Member

Niced 162 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmo65 View Post
Same with Jomez...
OK BOOMERS

Niced: (3)
Old 11-12-2019, 04:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 132
Niced 605 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaine View Post
OK BOOMERS
Is this going to be the extent of all your communique for the foreseeable future?

Old 11-12-2019, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 986 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Sorry Jomez crew, but the, "what are you going to throw on this sub-300' hole is just....
Yep, it's straight from the "social media for dummies" playbook. Like you said, it works and many channels use that type of post as it typically engages the base. But yah..for those that prefer more info related to the channel itself, it can be a bit annoying. I personally don't understand why Jomez posts the "what disc would you use" posts. Disc manufactures, retailers, sure.. unless Jomez has an online store they're linking users to?

Niced: (1)
Old 11-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 140
Niced 418 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I personally don't understand why Jomez posts the "what disc would you use" posts. Disc manufactures, retailers, sure.. unless Jomez has an online store they're linking users to?
It's basically to get their clicks, views, and comments up when they have no other (meaningful) content. We must remember that people have the attention span of a goldfish these days.

Now, what was logging on to look at....

Old 11-12-2019, 05:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,834 Times in 1,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Yep, it's straight from the "social media for dummies" playbook. Like you said, it works and many channels use that type of post as it typically engages the base. But yah..for those that prefer more info related to the channel itself, it can be a bit annoying. I personally don't understand why Jomez posts the "what disc would you use" posts. Disc manufactures, retailers, sure.. unless Jomez has an online store they're linking users to?
The problem with social media is that in order to ensure more eyeballs, you need to post frequently and generate interactions with those posts. Otherwise, the algorithms ignore you and when you do post, they're seen by a fraction of your followers. And by fraction, I'm talking less than 10%. Kinda sucks to make a post intended to be seen by your (checking Jomez's facebook) 45K followers only to have it seen by about 400 of them. But by spamming with the "annoying" stuff, they're probably getting 10-20K+ views of their post instead. The alternative would be paying to "boost" posts which is not cheap at all.

It works in reverse too. If you want to see the "important" Jomez posts like announcements about new videos and stuff, you have to interact with more of their posts overall. Otherwise you're going to be among the 50-90% who doesn't instantly see their new posts in your feed. It's stupid.

Old 11-12-2019, 05:59 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
I always find it funny when people complain about DD's "In your face social media". People realize that you and unsubscribe from any social media/player that you want. It isn't like they are jumping into public forums and shoving it in people's faces.

And by "In your face", do they just mean consistent? CoolDaddySlickBreeze has been absolutely awesome at helping to create a brand and promote it. Any manufacturer should want to give their left arm for someone as dedicated and talented as him.

DD does more social media than any other brand, and every other brand wished they could mimic and keep up. The only "backlash" that I ever see is from jaded internet trolls honestly. As long as DD keeps pushing the boundaries of social media and our sport keeps growing, there are always new people to enjoy new content.

Anyway, tune in tonight to our podcast to hear us interview Nikko Locastro. Live at 9pm CST on SmashBoxxTVs YouTube channel. SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON, RING THAT BELL! SUPPORT OUR PATREON! SUPER CHATS WELCOME! Stay tuned for our AFTERSHOOOOOOOOW! Follow us on Twitter and FB. Find me on SkipAce.com Fantasy Disc Golf website. Join us for SmashBoxxTV Unsanctioned as well. hahahahahah
I love DD and it was stumbling upon a youtube video of theirs that got me back into the sport after almost 20 years. Personally, I love their social media and their players. If I were good enough to be sponsored I would be honored to be sponsored by them.

Their social media is great if you ask me. I love seeing the videos of their players and the casual rounds, or doubles they post.

Niced: (3)
Old 11-12-2019, 06:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,734 Times in 560 Posts

So, DD is the Kardashians of disc golf?

Old 11-12-2019, 06:11 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Chris Clemons with some interesting comments on Nikko in this Reddit thread:https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/co...r_westside_in/
I'm also curious what's the other juicy upcoming info he knows about.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,149 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
So, DD is the Kardashians of disc golf?
Partridge Family?
Closed Thread