Old 03-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Yeah, your backswing and spine tilt is also telegraphing your arm swing plane and throw downward into the ground with a "high" reachback. If you were in dynamic balance to the front leg you have a "low" or level reachback with the spine tilted back / upright to front leg.
If my spine is tilted back won't I just launch the disc into the sky nose up?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2019, 01:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,631 Times in 1,656 Posts

That's better. The first throw is incorrect using your old motions...you can see that your upper body/shoulders/arm start rotating forward as your right leg is still coming down/squatting, before it has accepted the weight. Essentially in this throw you are trying to rotate before planting, which would be rotating off of the rear leg. You can see as your elbow moves toward the "power pocket" your rear toes are still weighted and your rear heel rotates away from the target...your rear leg spins out backward rather than leveraging your body toward the target.

Compare that with your last throw, which is more of a standstill throw, but a huge improvement. In the top of your backswing your rear leg is extended with your left hip turned back and close to the target...this is the butt wipe drill. Your spine and right hip are near the plant foot, and you can drop straight down to plant, rather than need to push. Your right leg is then weighted and you are still at an extended/delayed backswing. Although your rear heel moves away from the target a little bit initially, your rear knee and femur move toward the target and your foot then moves forward too. If you go frame by frame from backswing to power pocket, your head/chin are aligned to your plant leg as well.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 688 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
It is only tilted back during the reachback. Use your left foot to push your spine vertical and balanced over your right hip as your right heel is coming down.

Last edited by Mocheez; 03-08-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
Quite possibly if your spine is tilted back when you are actually throwing, yes.

But not during the reachback. There is normally a backwards tilt to the spine during reachback, aligning it with the front leg/foot as SW has said. Then the spine becomes more upright as you plant/begin the throw.
During your one leg drills this will most likely be less exaggerated than you'd see in a full throw.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-08-2019, 01:25 PM
* Ace Member *

^In those images that Coreymill posted, think of it as having the butt and torso/chest on opposite sides of the pivot/plant. So there's an athletic tilt forward of the torso, and when you turn back for the backswing you will look like you are leaning down or tilted back...does not feel like this to me though, it's not the same as leaning/collapsing. After you land on the plant leg the butt is cleared away from the target, so the torso swings/pivots around and is now facing forward and downward slightly.

It's pretty weird...it's not just your spine turning on axis, but also your butt is counterweighting your torso swinging.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-08-2019, 01:59 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 607 Times in 236 Posts

I've been using vimeo since it's really easy to use shift arrow to move frame by frame (thx to slowplastic too) and I went vertical so sue me!

- direct link:

Last edited by HyzerUniBomber; 03-09-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:12 PM
* Ace Member *

^You've got to put some extra characters tacked on to the URL when you post the link so that it doesn't just automatically embed the video. Then we can copy/paste the right URL portion.

When you do vertical video the embedded Vimeo player doesn't have a time bar at the bottom.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
^You've got to put some extra characters tacked on to the URL when you post the link so that it doesn't just automatically embed the video. Then we can copy/paste the right URL portion.
Here's a link to the video

https://player.vimeo.com/video/322292903
Old 03-08-2019, 02:39 PM
* Ace Member *

How did you make that type of link?

Old 03-08-2019, 03:03 PM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
How did you make that type of link?
In this case I just right clicked the video and went to inspect element. The url for the embedded video is shown in the inspector/html.

It looks like you can get the same link/url if you click on the paper airplane 'Share' button of a vimeo video. The url is shown in the 'Embed' section (sometimes signified by an icon that looks like this < /> )