Old 03-08-2019, 03:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 227
Niced 4,104 Times in 2,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
If my spine is tilted back won't I just launch the disc into the sky nose up?
Throw slightly upward nose down to the apex and let the disc glide out. If you throw downward nose up you are creating a lot of lift and drag to the apex and won't get any nose down glide out from apex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
It is only tilted back during the reachback. Use your left foot to push your spine vertical and balanced over your right hip as your right heel is coming down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreymill View Post
Quite possibly if your spine is tilted back when you are actually throwing, yes.

But not during the reachback. There is normally a backwards tilt to the spine during reachback, aligning it with the front leg/foot as SW has said. Then the spine becomes more upright as you plant/begin the throw.
During your one leg drills this will most likely be less exaggerated than you'd see in a full throw.
I don't push the spine vertical or change tilt, although it may appear that way. I simply turn everything from the pelvis maintaining the same forward athletic tilt. Forward tilt in backswing appears / as chest is facing away, while forward tilt in late forward swing appears \ with chest facing more forward, and inbetween it appears vertical like l looked at from side view, but if looked at from behind tee you would see the forward tilt chest toward knees.

Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreymill View Post
Quite possibly if your spine is tilted back when you are actually throwing, yes.

But not during the reachback. There is normally a backwards tilt to the spine during reachback, aligning it with the front leg/foot as SW has said. Then the spine becomes more upright as you plant/begin the throw.
During your one leg drills this will most likely be less exaggerated than you'd see in a full throw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
^In those images that Coreymill posted, think of it as having the butt and torso/chest on opposite sides of the pivot/plant. So there's an athletic tilt forward of the torso, and when you turn back for the backswing you will look like you are leaning down or tilted back...does not feel like this to me though, it's not the same as leaning/collapsing. After you land on the plant leg the butt is cleared away from the target, so the torso swings/pivots around and is now facing forward and downward slightly.

It's pretty weird...it's not just your spine turning on axis, but also your butt is counterweighting your torso swinging.

These explanations were really helpful. I had some success today reaching back like this and it definitely feels stronger.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
I simply turn everything from the pelvis maintaining the same forward athletic tilt. Forward tilt in backswing appears / as chest is facing away, while forward tilt in late forward swing appears \ with chest facing more forward, and inbetween it appears vertical like l looked at from side view, but if looked at from behind tee you would see the forward tilt chest toward knees.
Not sure why I never got this before but it makes a lot of sense, and feels much better too.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

The timing change to throw when my weight is already on my plant foot is proving to be very difficult. Any ideas for how to work on this? You can see from my throws yesterday mostly what is happening with the right leg pump thing I'm doing. I've been throwing with this timing for so long it is pretty ingrained.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:59 PM
* Ace Member *

It's all about starting and finishing in balance.

Last edited by sidewinder22; 03-09-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:03 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I dont get what you guys mean about roll the wrist under at release and use the DFP thumb.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andree88 View Post
I dont get what you guys mean about roll the wrist under at release and use the DFP thumb.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:54 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post

Thank you SW22 now i think i understand, you dont try to roll the wrist under in the release you push the thumb and after your wrist rolls under in the follow through. is that right?

Niced: (1)
Old 03-19-2019, 06:03 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 46 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyzerUniBomber View Post
I've been using vimeo since it's really easy to use shift arrow to move frame by frame
On youtube you can use "," and "."

Old 03-20-2019, 01:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 688 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoeschel View Post
On youtube you can use "," and "."
Good point, and it is easier to remember if you think of their shift + counterpart < and >.