Old 10-01-2018, 12:25 AM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 175
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,625 Times in 1,210 Posts

Putter much afraid of basket. Must pour Jobu some more rum.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 21
Niced 145 Times in 95 Posts

First round I’ve played that I really felt how much I’ve improved over the last year. Didn’t shot the greatest score most likely, wasn’t really counting. Was more concerned with 5 birdies and at least 4-5 putts canned dead center from 45’ to 60’. Hit my lines more often than not, had a noticeable gain in distance without trying and harder. Starting to really love this game again hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2018, 10:28 PM

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Shot a -16 at Highland Park in St Paul... First time ever playing it too
Old 10-03-2018, 12:31 AM

Courses Played: 27
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Tomorrow will be better :)

Ok, today was bad. I threw +1 on hole 1 and ended +8 after 21 holes. My time was 30:43min/sec. 3.25 miles 85 degrees feels like 100 with 70% humidity. It started raining hard on hole 15. I don't stop running other than to catch my breath. I carry 3 disc in hand, two Innova Grooves and one Innova Skeeter. After the tee shot I keep the next shot in hand so that when I arrive to the first throw I don't have to stop. I throw in mid stride. I try to throw far enough behind the disc so that I can bend down after throwing and grab the disc on the ground while running. If I hit it right I can normally step on the side of the disc and make it stand up enough so that I'm not touching the ground on every throw. ALL of my shots are flings. The putt shot is a series of side steps with a backhand or if the score is close I will pause for a second and take 1 deep breath and then shoot. I know this is not for everyone but I really am passionate about this style of DG. I have always had a lot of energy. I did my first Ironman in CA 2016 and feel like I can play a DG game for 24 hours straight on a Blue Tee or similar course. Mike Sale did it to raise money for schools shootings in CA.https://youtu.be/KHHxkE2VimEOn September 12, Mike Sale set out to play more disc golf holes in a 24-hour period than anyone in history. This is his story, played out at the Blockhouse Disc Golf complex in Spotsylvania, Virginia.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 457 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboycub View Post
Ok, today was bad. I threw +1 on hole 1 and ended +8 after 21 holes. My time was 30:43min/sec. 3.25 miles 85 degrees feels like 100 with 70% humidity. It started raining hard on hole 15. I don't stop running other than to catch my breath. I carry 3 disc in hand, two Innova Grooves and one Innova Skeeter. After the tee shot I keep the next shot in hand so that when I arrive to the first throw I don't have to stop. I throw in mid stride. I try to throw far enough behind the disc so that I can bend down after throwing and grab the disc on the ground while running. If I hit it right I can normally step on the side of the disc and make it stand up enough so that I'm not touching the ground on every throw. ALL of my shots are flings. The putt shot is a series of side steps with a backhand or if the score is close I will pause for a second and take 1 deep breath and then shoot. I know this is not for everyone but I really am passionate about this style of DG. I have always had a lot of energy. I did my first Ironman in CA 2016 and feel like I can play a DG game for 24 hours straight on a Blue Tee or similar course. Mike Sale did it to raise money for schools shootings in CA.https://youtu.be/KHHxkE2VimEOn September 12, Mike Sale set out to play more disc golf holes in a 24-hour period than anyone in history. This is his story, played out at the Blockhouse Disc Golf complex in Spotsylvania, Virginia.
keep carrying those two grooves and skeeter! you'll find another activity before long!
Old 10-03-2018, 10:46 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Passionate about Speed Disc Golf

I've been playing for 5 years now and I plan on getting faster and a lower score than 0. No plans on finding "another activity". I'll just add it to the collection of other sports that I'm passionate about. Hopefully this site will allow me to network with others who play fast. It would drive me nuts to play for 3 hour and only shoot 18 holes. I can shoot 36 in less than hour and score +4. Isn't that good? I mean, come on, who do you know that can drive accurately on the run? New style of DG.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:52 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Skydiving, dropping in on half pipes, surfing salt creek in CA, surf fishing for reds in Galveston, outdoor guide, magician, graffiti writer (canvas only), speed disc golf. You should see me cook breakfast. Sooo many irons on the fire. Yet the meal turns out magnificent.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 236 Times in 106 Posts

I have simultaneous, and conflicting, feelings about this, Mr. BBoy.

On the one hand, I have much admiration for anyone who is passionate about DG and physical fitness. And breakfast.

(Prestidigitation deserves its own thread, or perhaps its own forum. Lying and fooling people for fun has always been a questionable pastime to me. But I digress.)

On the other hand, DG is my idea of a relaxing hike in the woods with an objective, friends, and cold, cold beer.* Can't imagine having much of my kind of fun whilst sprinting. I would classify it differently, is all. There's golf, and there's extreme fitness. The two aren't mutually exclusive, but neither should they be combined on purpose.

* Lest anyone assume otherwise, I am a Litter Nazi. Pack it in, pack it out. Period.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 29
Niced 162 Times in 54 Posts

My terrible forehand is slightly less terrible. It still doesn't go very far, my release angles aren't consistent and I occasionally throw it into the ground. But it usually stays on the fairway and I'm less hesitant to throw it on holes that a FH is well-suited to. Which is nice.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:11 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Not trying to piss anyone off, just want to play fast

What score at T.C. Jester Park(Blue Tee only) in Houston, TX, would convince people to take this speed DG serious? I am very respectful of other players. I am not a distraction while others are shooting and I'm in and out of peoples way really fast when they allow me to play through. I actually run hardest when people let me play through out of respect. My empathy levels are way higher than most. I understand that DG is a lot like real golf. DG etiquette is important.

Every country I have ever visited I have been able to meet tremendous people via three things...
1. Breakdancing
2. Magic Tricks
3. being a genuine, authentic, loving human

P.S. ALL of my games involve a 420 session before and after the game. I did ALL of my Ironman training this way and had no issues.