Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Disc golf cart opinions
I use them whenever possible 44 36.07%
I might use one sometimes 31 25.41%
I refuse them on general principle 16 13.11%
I don't care one way or the other 31 25.41%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2017, 11:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 279
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 20 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefedora View Post
I feel like the OP was asking about golf carts like the ones at Selah. I love using those when available. Just a fun experience.
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 24
Niced 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscAnarchy View Post
Carts do NOT make for slower golf. Carts do NOT result in less exercise.
In my experience they DO make for slower rounds. We have a gentleman who throws with us from time to time who bought a Zuca earlier this year. Having to lug that cart through the woods chasing errant shots slows him down. Then he gets tired of lugging it around, so leaves it behind on the fairway and has to walk back for discs. The rest of us are standing by the tee with disc in hand, ready to throw. He's busy lounging on his cart, then takes his sweet time picking a disc and throwing. He's actually a good guy, and a pretty decent player, so I can only imagine how much worse things would be if he were in the woods more often than he is. I only have a handful of rounds to compare (same course, same number of people, etc) but looking at Udisc a round with this guy averages roughly 27 minutes longer over 18 holes than an 18 hole round without him. Before you jump down my throat, I realize I only have one direct example, but I have observed similar behaviors from other cart users (not all, but there is a pattern).

If you don't get less exercise with a cart, why do so many people claim they feel less tired after using one? By definition you're getting less exercise if you have more energy at the end of an otherwise identical activity.

I don't mind people who use cards for medical issues, and certainly understand the utility in a tournament setting where the pace of play is slow already. But seeing a group of healthy 20-somethings lugging their strollers/carts around really makes me roll my eyes. Cart guy is often a lot like VapeBro. They both know they're dorky, and because of that feel the need to militantly defend the choice they've made. #CartLyfe!
Old 06-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 86
Niced 139 Times in 99 Posts

How much does a typical Zuca weigh? 50 lbs?

For those that only carry 10-15 discs and not a bunch of extras in smallish bags, I think carts make for more effort. Pulling/pushing something 4 times as heavy as my bag is not saving me energy.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 76
Niced 46 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
How much does a typical Zuca weigh? 50 lbs?

For those that only carry 10-15 discs and not a bunch of extras in smallish bags, I think carts make for more effort. Pulling/pushing something 4 times as heavy as my bag is not saving me energy.
Have you considered that it's not all about saving energy?

I feel like your argument here is incredibly narrow. Pulling/pushing something 4x heavier than your bag (which most aren't even close to that I'm sure) actually is easier on your body overall. For the same reasons that your joints will feel better overall if you lost 40lbs, for example.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 86
Niced 139 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Have you considered that it's not all about saving energy?

I feel like your argument here is incredibly narrow. Pulling/pushing something 4x heavier than your bag (which most aren't even close to that I'm sure) actually is easier on your body overall. For the same reasons that your joints will feel better overall if you lost 40lbs, for example.
I would be dead if I lost 40 lbs, I think. That's like 30% of my body weight, lol.

I'm not sure that it's true that pulling something significantly heavier is actually easier on my body. Everyone says that, but pulling one of those carts feels more strenuous to me bc your pulling arm is back behind you kind of awkwardly. Especially going up hills.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 141
Niced 29 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
I would be dead if I lost 40 lbs, I think. That's like 30% of my body weight, lol.

I'm not sure that it's true that pulling something significantly heavier is actually easier on my body. Everyone says that, but pulling one of those carts feels more strenuous to me bc your pulling arm is back behind you kind of awkwardly. Especially going up hills.

Which is why i like the jogging stroller better. I can push it or pull it. Since it has 3 wheels, i can give it a shove and see how close to the tee pad i can get it.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 51 Times in 39 Posts

I'm jealous of carts. I want people to keep buying them so the price point comes down. If there is a "principle" preventing me from buying one it's the current price point for what you get. I think they are overpriced.

.....yea, I dropped like $250 or whatever it was on my UPD bag, so I guess my principles as they relate to $ come and go.

Sincerely,
Mr. Integrity

Niced: (1)

Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 72
Niced 36 Times in 10 Posts

yes on golf carts if they are available.

My only issue is i have played a couple of events where carts were available but only on a limited basis. For a tournament this is unfair IMO. When you have 5 doubles teams that have carts and 50 teams without seems just wrong. It was a hilly golf course that having a cart would have saved a bunch of energy.