Old 01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use the locals here. I have discndat about 10 minutes from the house and the pro shop at Mt. Airy 30 minutes from the house. What one may not have generally the other will. I prefer to give to the locals more than someone online.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

I'd use it more if Sales, Trades, and Wanted threads had their own individual sub-forums.

Yes, that's a moderators worst night mare, but the main thread's popularity has gotten to the point were a thread that hasn't had a reply in 24 hours is burried to page 6.

So basically every seller, unless they choose to sticky, is hoping their thread gets noticed within 15 minutes of posting and some sales are made, or else they have to wait 24 hours to bump and try again for another 15 minutes.

It gets tiresome. So some will create a new thread with the same exact post to get around the 24 hour bump ban.

No system is perfect, i know, i know.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,350 Times in 684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
I'd use it more if Sales, Trades, and Wanted threads had their own individual sub-forums.

Yes, that's a moderators worst night mare, but the main thread's popularity has gotten to the point were a thread that hasn't had a reply in 24 hours is burried to page 6.

So basically every seller, unless they choose to sticky, is hoping their thread gets noticed within 15 minutes of posting and some sales are made, or else they have to wait 24 hours to bump and try again for another 15 minutes.

It gets tiresome. So some will create a new thread with the same exact post to get around the 24 hour bump ban.

No system is perfect, i know, i know.
Not to mention that getting a bump from someone who PMs you is near impossible. I appreciate the interest, but the way threads get buried, a bump is just common courtesy.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with too many stickies
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Maryland State PDGA Coordinator

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 256
Niced 46 Times in 25 Posts

Way too many stickies!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 129
Niced 611 Times in 278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
you guys do know there is a search feature right? I see a lot of people saying they dont want to look through pages of stuff to find what they want.. just type in the name of said disc and hit enter.. poof . With that said im all about buying local too I just dont have anywhere thats not an hour + drive so MP is home for me
The search sucks. Type in a disc you want and it pulls every single thread it is mentioned, most of the time it is not being sold but being offered as a trade by someone posting in the Sell/Trade thread of a different disc.

So yeah, search will narrow it down from 2,000 threads to 1,000 threads.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 64
Niced 35 Times in 20 Posts

I don't mind paying for membership, or for shipping, or any of that. Like many others, I like to buy local. Buying discs from someone's garage (when that someone is Lowell Shields or Scott Papa) means that you're supporting someone who supports the sport. Or I buy online because it's convenient. I'm not a collector. I have a few worthless first runs on the shelf, and that's it.

But my biggest problem with the marketplace, and the thing that's keeping me from getting a membership and joining you people, is this: I know precisely what I want. But every time I hop on and search for it, two or three threads pop up and I see that I'm too late. Somebody else has already bought it. I get that I can post a "wanted" thread, but why bother? I can pay $10 extra and "buy it now" on Ebay rather than hope that I get lucky enough to PM somebody for a disc before anyone else does.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 104
Niced 255 Times in 116 Posts

I'm not a fan of the sale threads that link to Google documents or Flicker. I would rather see the discs listed in your thread and a link for better pictures.
I don't even click the links anymore.

I don't buy used discs from the marketplace if it is cheaper to buy the same disc new from Discgolfcenter. Also,people need to stop using the word cheap in the title.

I'm not a collector or into OOP discs.

I am trying to spend less money on discs, so it has to be the right disc to get me to buy - this is my main reason for not buying discs all the time.

*When I use the forum I only use the "All New Posts" button. I open most sale threads to see what is for sale, the less views/replies the more likely I am to open it.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The MP has turned into a bunch of seller threads of all the same stuff. I want to trade for discs I haven't tried not look at 30 threads selling roc3s and old Cal molded teebirds.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I started using the MP last year but Ive pretty much stopped using it over the past couple months. I dont mind buying from the MP but Ive found that I can usually get a brand new disc from Community or Disc Golf Center for a dollar or two more, and its less risky.

Ive given up on selling and trading mainly because I dont have the time to create and update threads, and packaging/shipping discs doesnt seem to be worth how much Im making on a disc.

It seems lately that there are a lot less new threads and more of the same sellers "re-packaging" their old threads.