Old 06-13-2019, 07:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 799 Times in 545 Posts

Renegade and Suspect are shocking. I see lots of those and both are fantastic. Evidence is the only one that personally makes me sad. Will be making an order soon.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 06-13-2019, 08:52 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,072 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
LOL. I would have been shocked if the Renegade WASN'T cut. I'm not surprised about the Freedom either. I think DD could use the loss of that disc to design a much better speed 14 driver. Something that will actually hold a line and bomb for big yardage. With the Renegade gone I bet you'll see a better speed 11 driver come out at some point too. One that doesn't flip so damn easily.
I'm hit or miss on the Convict. I still like that disc better than the Escape though.
I agree, especially about the Freedom. But I don't know if they're going to mold replacements for these OOP discs, especially the more understable ones. More on that below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
They didn't outright say that Latitude and Westside will be slashing product. I read it like a maybe something will happen, but not necessarily the same way that we did it. Sooooo that doesn't mean that 12 discs from each brand will be going. Right?
The impression I got from their original OOP announcement is that Lat64 and Westside would be making some cuts. Probably along the same lines of the bottom 10% of their sales. But we'll see what they do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I'm pretty surprised they axed most of their flippy stuff...sure the Freedom seems like it was hot garbage but I've thrown a Witness and Evidence and they aren't awful. The Suspect is pretty surprising to as it's one of their oldest molds and seemed to have an okay following.
I also noticed that a lot of their more understable molds were the ones cut, which suggests to me that DD is going to cater to pros and players with faster arms, while leaving the casual ams further behind. They're not the only disc-making company doing that, either.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Par Member

Niced 42 Times in 20 Posts

The two surprises for me were the Slammer and Suspect. They both operate in that tweener slot between putters and full blown mids. And, I thought the Maverick was going to knock out the Breakout, but I do know from a few folks that some of the Escape runs have been a bit stable, and thus the Breakout was needed in their bags.

And, yes I stocked up on a lot of Air Renegades and Witnesses.

As for Westside, still a bit nervous about the Stag, but the Hatchet I think is much safer now. L64 though has way too many 8 and 9 speeds and I strongly suspect a major cull coming in that grouping - as many as six molds could be going (Bryce, Zion, Spark, River Pro, Falchion, Striker) in the fairway driver group alone, and overall, there's a reasonable argument for 16 or more molds going (the distance drivers have a lot in that group too).
Old 06-13-2019, 08:55 AM
Par Member

Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Lol they cut their shameless Rhyno rip off.
Every company has a OS putter w/ a thumb track on it. Dynamic had the slammer, Discraft has the Ringer GT, Hyzerbomb has the tank....they all do pretty much the same thing

Niced: (1)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:20 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 985 Times in 644 Posts

Not that the Harp was ever in much danger, but the Slammer being gone pretty much secures it.

Still have a cart full of Stags waiting to see what happens.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,631 Times in 1,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
Every company has a OS putter w/ a thumb track on it. Dynamic had the slammer, Discraft has the Ringer GT, Hyzerbomb has the tank....they all do pretty much the same thing
You forgot the Caltrop...

The Caltrop, Ringer GT and Slammer all were released as soon as Innova's Thumtrac patent expired hence "shameless." The Ringer GT gets a little credit from me as it's a tweak on the existing Ringer.

The Tank was made by Innova for Ching WAY back in the day and Hyzerbomb just uses the mold now...so I don't really view that as a ripoff. It would be like calling the Pig a Rhyno ripoff too...

Old 06-13-2019, 11:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,566 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I also noticed that a lot of their more understable molds were the ones cut, which suggests to me that DD is going to cater to pros and players with faster arms, while leaving the casual ams further behind. They're not the only disc-making company doing that, either.
I wouldn't be surprised, and I hope, that they will replace these with some well thought out understable discs that are marketed a little more clearly.

Like they introduced the Maverick and pro's love it too. But it's a clear description...slower/speed 7 fairway that is neutral-understable. Read between the lines and it's a Leo-style disc, very clear.

Of the ones cut on the flippy side, I think the Thief absolutely bombs, it's like a Trilogy Valk/Sidewinder. But the numbers on it were so wrong that people don't know that. It's like a River with more speed and at least as much glide, but word didn't get out because the numbers initially had the stability at 0/2 I think. They then revised it to 8/5/-1.5/2 which is way more accurate, but that was after it had been out for years and its fate was pretty much sealed.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:46 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 16
Niced 168 Times in 92 Posts

Only trilogy disc that I would truly be worried about is the Fuse. If they kill off my Fuse I'll definitely have to stock up.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,072 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I wouldn't be surprised, and I hope, that they will replace these with some well thought out understable discs that are marketed a little more clearly.

Like they introduced the Maverick and pro's love it too. But it's a clear description...slower/speed 7 fairway that is neutral-understable. Read between the lines and it's a Leo-style disc, very clear.

Of the ones cut on the flippy side, I think the Thief absolutely bombs, it's like a Trilogy Valk/Sidewinder. But the numbers on it were so wrong that people don't know that. It's like a River with more speed and at least as much glide, but word didn't get out because the numbers initially had the stability at 0/2 I think. They then revised it to 8/5/-1.5/2 which is way more accurate, but that was after it had been out for years and its fate was pretty much sealed.
Totally agree with you. Adding to that: though the Trespass was not OOP'd, it has the flight numbers 12,5,-1,3... same as the Destroyer. But the Trespass is not as stable as the Destroyer, and I was able to throw the Trespass very well in all conditions, while the Destroyer was at best an into-the-wind disc for me. But I didn't try the Trespass for a long, long time because of those incorrect flight numbers.

We'll see if they come out with any new understable discs. My suspicion is that they are in no hurry to do so.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 101 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Renegade and Suspect are shocking. I see lots of those and both are fantastic. Evidence is the only one that personally makes me sad. Will be making an order soon.
Sucks cause I think the Suspect is something original and always heard good things.

I like it easily better than anything that comes close to the flight.