Old 05-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Niced 166 Times in 116 Posts

@SD86: ... more OVERstable you mean. ;-)

@Flick Maniac: Why was the P3 not one of your favorites? What putters do you use instead and why do you use them?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 563 Times in 304 Posts

I much rather use a mid than a midlike putter. Or, better yet, if I can drive a putter to where I want, thats what I'll go with. I think it was the horribly domey glow P3s that ended my interest in them.

I think putter-wise my path was:

Swan
P1
KCP Aviar
P2
P1x
Wizard

The P3x was a brief love affair for throwing but then I figured out I can both putt and throw Wizards well. And now I have so many amazing shots with them its hard to go back. As my signature shows, also the hyperspeed driver slot is taken up by other than Discmania. A flippy enough DD3 if such exists may challenge that.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,816 Times in 1,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
@SD86: ... more OVERstable you mean. ;-)
Yes. More towards overstable, anyway.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:41 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
I much rather use a mid than a midlike putter. Or, better yet, if I can drive a putter to where I want, thats what I'll go with. I think it was the horribly domey glow P3s that ended my interest in them.
The dome is horrible, I agree. But since I flattened it for my P3s, they make great discs. Flat-top D-Line P3s are the best.

What you dislike with the putter-mid-hybrid is what I like: I can cover everything from putting up to my Teebird with the P3. Such a hybrid is nice if you want to go with few discs (P3, TB, VL).

The other reason I like the D P3 is that it beats in much like a DX Roc or DX Teebird: It flies straight-to-fade, rather quickly loses the fade but keeps the HSS for a very long time, having a straight flight. If you like Rocs and Teebirds, you'll be right at home with a P3.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:36 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 33 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
Dave D. is now holding Innova back IMHO. I swear only he tests new discs with his geezer friends. Remember the last umpteen mega fast discs that were going to be way overstable, turned out to be roller discs?
DD and his old geezer friends throw just as far as at least 80% of the amateur field. The dude can still throw.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 563 Times in 304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
The dome is horrible, I agree. But since I flattened it for my P3s, they make great discs. Flat-top D-Line P3s are the best.
I tried the flattening trick only once ever, and the Glow P3 came out flat, even puddletopped a bit, and was more understable than ever, it was like throwing a flippy mid. First and last time. I kinda feel like even if said procedure gave me a magic disc that flew 450ft with zero turn and zero fade, I shouldnt get enamored with it if I ever want to play sanctioned rounds again. Would hate to drop the magic disc then. (if any of you want to come back with a reply "who would ever know" or anything else like that, I WOULD know. I would know I am not playing by the rules. The only person to whom it really matters.)

Old 05-22-2019, 05:54 AM
Birdie Member

I see your point. Your experience might have been different if you had happened to have gotten a naturally pretty flattish D-Line P3 that flies stable-straight, but anyways, you have your own mold that work for you. No need for you to like the P3 or wanting to have it continued with hopefully flatter runs, like some others do. ;-)

Thanks a lot for your responses!