Old 09-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 44.1
Courses Played: 306
Niced 840 Times in 448 Posts

Here are the performance tracks for the DGPT- Vibram Open. The starting position at the left is the expected final score for each player based on their rating. As each hole is played, the expected score is replaced with the actual score (from left to right). Anytime the line goes up, they played better than their rating, and down means worse. The last column shows the final scores.

The costliest single hole was Hole 8 in round 1 for Simon. His 5 was 2.29 throws more than expected for him on that hole.

The best single hole performance was Cale’s ace on hole 4 in round 1, which saved him 1.67 expected throws.

The longest streak was by Grady Shue who beat his expected score on 13 holes in a row: from hole 16 in round 1 to hole 10 in round 2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VOMPOPT.jpg (99.0 KB, 420 views)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 09-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 130 Times in 92 Posts

Steve

What's your point here. To bore with stats.

Keep the hat on. The tuff of hair above your shortening brow is bad for business.

The law of averages not a terribly difficult concept.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-04-2017, 09:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 52
Niced 1,563 Times in 898 Posts

umm...

Niced: (2)

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 09-04-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 169
Niced 153 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013

lol wtf is his deal?

is Dr. Smooth also his name on FarmersOnly.com

hey baby get on my tractor, oh let me help you it seems you have an ear of corn in your pants...

ummm...

Last edited by New013; 09-04-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
Steve

What's your point here. To bore with stats.

Keep the hat on. The tuff of hair above your shortening brow is bad for business.

The law of averages not a terribly difficult concept.
Umm.. the law of averages is also fake. I don't follow you?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 3
Niced 130 Times in 92 Posts

I could have said that in a less hateful way.

My apologies, sometimes I speak before I think.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:29 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts

I am assuming that the majority of the forum posters are satisfied with the baskets used at the Vibram open this past weekend. What were they, Mach X's? I don't follow that so much. I look back at the Ledgestone thread and it was, what, 50 some-odd pages, and a lot of it was in reference to the baskets. Just curious about the takeaway from this weekend I suppose.

To go along with the Vibram Open baskets, I do not recall too much negativity towards the baskets in Pittsburgh either. Those were DD baskets, right? Perhaps Veteran baskets? Again, my knowledge on baskets is super limited.

As for the stats being done, keep it up. I don't fully understand all of it, but it is a fun change of pace, so thank you for that.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 67
Niced 136 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joots View Post
I am assuming that the majority of the forum posters are satisfied with the baskets used at the Vibram open this past weekend. What were they, Mach X's? I don't follow that so much. I look back at the Ledgestone thread and it was, what, 50 some-odd pages, and a lot of it was in reference to the baskets. Just curious about the takeaway from this weekend I suppose.

To go along with the Vibram Open baskets, I do not recall too much negativity towards the baskets in Pittsburgh either. Those were DD baskets, right? Perhaps Veteran baskets? Again, my knowledge on baskets is super limited.

As for the stats being done, keep it up. I don't fully understand all of it, but it is a fun change of pace, so thank you for that.
The Vibram baskets were Mach X's, so you were right there.

The Pittsburgh baskets were actually Chainstars, and while there wasn't a lot of talk on the forums, there were some gripes and groans from pros on every level at the venue.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 48 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
I throw a lot of forehands and often will switch to backhand on a drive I'll typically throw forehand if it's raining. Seems like Wysocki did this but others didn't.

Should you switch to backhands in the rain?
As someone who comes from ultimate I can tell you that it would seem that forehands break down more quickly in wet conditions. If we played an ultimate tourney in the rain we would force forehand on every point. Disc golf would not seem to be as extreme as ultimate in that regard because in ultimate its more of a touch shot, still the release point is smaller and touchier on a forehand than a backhand and apt to break down easier. That being said I was at maple hill on Sunday and saw a ton of forehands thrown on the top two cards. But I can tell you that in the wet round I played before spectating at the pyramids I did not throw any.

It was really wet damp out there on Sunday. My hands where wet for an hour after I left the tournament. Towels where not enough that day. Needed chalk/rosin bags.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 142
Niced 1,342 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joots View Post

I personally dislike Mach Xs, but I'd never complain about having to play on them. They catch well enough (as do Chainstars) as long as you don't putt in a way that accentuates their weak points.

From what I understand, the Chainstars at Ledgestone weren't the same Chainstars that exist on most courses, including the one in Pittsburgh. The Ledgestone Chainstars were portables with a lighter weight chain than is usually used. Given that, they were "worse" than usual and derived even more complaints than usual.