Old 04-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 167 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
So, I've been talking with one of the guys behind Delta Disc Golf, and he tells me that they an improved version of the cart will be coming soon. Apparently, the small cooler has been swapped out for an organizer, and the putter pockets have been modified to enhance durability and functionality. I'll probably end up buying one, so I'll post my review when/if that happens.
And they will be offering financing too.

Just $99 down and $10/month for 36 months.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 125
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 13 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
So, I've been talking with one of the guys behind Delta Disc Golf, and he tells me that they an improved version of the cart will be coming soon. Apparently, the small cooler has been swapped out for an organizer, and the putter pockets have been modified to enhance durability and functionality. I'll probably end up buying one, so I'll post my review when/if that happens.
I hear the price is going up as well.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 120
Niced 14 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER

Am I really the only one who thinks these look ridiculous? Would you REALLY want to be lugging this thing around on a course full of rough terrain? Or even in general?

And then once you throw in the 500 dollar price tag....bahahahahah. Looks like MAYBE 50 bucks went into making these things.... Is that a re-purposed Domino's heatwave bag on the bottom?

Niced: (1)
Old 04-30-2014, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,221 Times in 479 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

The designers of these carts are missing the point when it comes to older players, like myself, who want to use a cart. Having the luxury of wheels is nice but we don't want to be bending over all the time to get our discs out of our bags/carts. Bring the disc holder up about 4 feet.
I carry a 3 legged stool with me all the time, that's where my bag sits when I take it off.

And because this is DGCR I feel I need to say:
I understand I still have to bend over to pick my discs up off the ground during my rounds of golf.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:18 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 831
Niced 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
The designers of these carts are missing the point when it comes to older players, like myself, who want to use a cart. Having the luxury of wheels is nice but we don't want to be bending over all the time to get our discs out of our bags/carts. Bring the disc holder up about 4 feet.
I carry a 3 legged stool with me all the time, that's where my bag sits when I take it off.

I understand I still have to bend over to pick my discs up off the ground during my rounds of golf.
You run into the issue of raising the center of gravity though when you bring the weight up. Unless you've got something like a cooler below for balance, I've seen homemade carts with the discs up high tip over really easily.

To your second point, check out the scepter, it's a disc retriever with a suction cup so you don't have to bend over to pick them up.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 120
Niced 14 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER

^ This is what I pictured, even though you said suction cup:

Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,221 Times in 479 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
You run into the issue of raising the center of gravity though when you bring the weight up. Unless you've got something like a cooler below for balance, I've seen homemade carts with the discs up high tip over really easily.

To your second point, check out the scepter, it's a disc retriever with a suction cup so you don't have to bend over to pick them up.
That is a design issue I agree but one that can be over come when they're selling the cart for $500.00.
I have one I'm working on for myself that will be that high with nothing more than the weight of the bag and discs. A 5lb counter weight at the bottom helps the tipping over issue somewhat.

Thanks for the tip on the scepter. I could also use that for a cane.

I have a jogging stroller I bought 2nd hand that's ready to go as is but I haven't used that yet, it was $50.
I'm still new at being old so breaking out all these gadgets old people use ain't easy.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 106
Niced 102 Times in 65 Posts

They're sold out! :-o

Last edited by pauldst; 05-01-2014 at 12:29 AM. Reason: edited smiley
Old 05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 41
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldst View Post
They're sold out! :-o
Did they only make 2?

I guess my disposable income to free time ratio is too low because i just don't see how they could see how they could sell many at that price point.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 36
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post

I'm finding that my back issues are caused by repeatedly picking up and putting down my bag, along with manipulating it as I walk. Bending down isn't so much the problem. I've used a cart similar to this one, as well as a modified ball golf cart, and found this style to be the most favorable to me.