Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 266 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
...and honestly SpinTV pushed the content envelope more than any other channel, so it's not a quality/content comparison.
A while back I would agree with you, but for whatever reason..Jomez is now the standard that users are comparing other disc golf related media to and I tend to believe a big part of that reason is the quality of their production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
Facebook is almost irrelevant. I'm going to guess you're older than me (I'm 30) if Facebook is the social platform that you're selecting as the measuring stick. Younger millenials and Gen Z are abandoning facebook, and they're the target market for advertisers. YouTube, Insta, and Snap are where you want to be if you want to advertise to people under 30 right now. Facebook is for mom and dads generation(s).
Now you have me confused, as I've been addressing the merit of YouTube from the start. I was pushing the importance of "view count numbers" and you were pushing more for "engaging the user". So perhaps I should defer to you on this and ask you exactly how you define "engaging the user", because at the end of the day Jomez, CCDG, Spin, etc, you guys are just making videos for us to watch.

When you say Facebook is for the old farts and Youtube, Insta, Snap is where the young kids go, I TOTALLY agree metrics indicate that is an accurate trend for general demographics, but surely you can't ignore the 30+ disc golf age group as that is where much of the sport's history is. Typically the older age groups are targeted because they have more money to spend, but perhaps in our sport the younger newer players are the ones spending the most money. That would be an interesting stat to view, age vs money spent, etc.

Appreciate the dialog, thank you for commenting. It's fascinating to read and learn about the various aspects of the sport on and off the course.
Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 266 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Do those family and friends continue to watch other videos unprompted by you? As in, because they watched that one video you showed them, did they become regular viewers of disc golf tournament videos? Because that is what I'm talking about in terms of non playing viewers...people seeking it out on their own rather than because a player (like you or I) suggested or even forced them to watch something in particular.
I get that and I assumed that what you meant, my point was..if the material was presented to them (a non disc golf player advertising campaign) surely you would get some new users who are not players. A few years back, I don't think the media production was good enough to warrant showcasing the sport to non players, but I think we could be at a point where it just might be. That Salient production on Espn3 (was it 3??) was a start..but even that was lacking in production and overall excitement and I doubt that made any long term disc golf viewers.