Old 06-09-2017, 12:11 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 251
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 15 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
18 on the Lions course at Lake Marshall eats my lunch. Probably 800 feet or so in the long- either across or around the water and then another 350 or so up a wooded chute. Now that I think about it though Hole 9 on the Lair course is probably harder.
Just saw the reviews on how Lake Marshall is coming along. Looks like DG nirvana--Can't wait to make it out there!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2017, 10:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 17 Times in 11 Posts

Hole 14 at Nockamixon is up there for me. I thought it would never end.

Others:

Moraine 16
Harmon Hills 17
Selah Ranch Lakeside 4 and 7
A couple of holes at Sugaree but I can't remember the numbers
Old 06-22-2017, 01:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 218 Times in 94 Posts

I can't speak for anyone else on what is the hardest hole I've played...
but for me Winthrop Gold #5 is the one that eats my lunch and laughs at me.
I've played it over several iterations and only dream of parring it.
I think 7 is my lowest score and double digits are more common.
Part of the problem has been my distance, and the control, and the approach, and the lake and the confidence, and yeah - I just suck overall.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-22-2017, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 312
Niced 279 Times in 135 Posts

More ...respect?... for Idlewild #6. Last night at our handicap league, the four guys on our card each struggled in different ways up the length of the hole, only to realize we'd just carded a "star frame": we each had a 7. Ugh!

Old 07-28-2018, 10:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 10
Niced 33 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl724 View Post
Not necessarily your favorite hole, although the ones on my list are some of my favorite holes. What is the hardest hole out there from a technicality standpoint? Some of my nominees are:

Linbrook #7 - 885 feet par 4. Have to hit a pretty extreme hyzer just right as the fairway winds downhill in order to have a chance at a decent up shot. A lot of trees to contend with to the pin.
Linbrook 7 took me a full half hour. Lost my tee shot, finally found it, lost my second shot, finally found it, played a safe out and then lost my fourth shot and finally found it.

Hole 2 at the first tee of the lowcountry is nigh impossible for me off the blue tee. You have to trust that you can throw a low laser shot from tee to basket because any error is a lost disc
Old 07-28-2018, 11:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 29.2
Courses Played: 133
Niced 74 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Hole 2 at the first tee of the lowcountry is nigh impossible for me off the blue tee. You have to trust that you can throw a low laser shot from tee to basket because any error is a lost disc
I hit a tree just inches past its murky water but couldn't find my Disc (a lavender Star Beast I originally bagged because I needed something expendable for water shots and ended up liking it). Not sure if it fell into the water, and HELL NO, I'm not sticking any part of my body in any water around there.

Yes, I became acquainted with the huge freaking gator on the pond hole near the end of the course. It was sunning itself thankfully on the other side of the pond from me when I noticed it.

There's a reason why I don't mind 20 or 10 or zero degrees Fahrenheit up here in Michigan for a few months...
Old 07-29-2018, 10:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 109
Niced 654 Times in 354 Posts

Wilderness long to long 18.

Had a 15 footer for 4 that I missed yesterday. Only gotten 1 other 5, every other time has been 6+. But 6 doesn't feel that bad there.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 152
Niced 385 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Moraine #6 - 934 feet from the gold tee, 675 feet from the blue tee. Par 5 that plays through patches of trees and plays like a tunnel shot to the right of the these patches. You have to keep your disc very straight for a very long distance to score well here.

Linbrook #7 - 885 feet par 4. Have to hit a pretty extreme hyzer just right as the fairway winds downhill in order to have a chance at a decent up shot. A lot of trees to contend with to the pin.

Deer Lakes #9 - 846 feet from the blue tee, 774 feet from the white tee. Plays pretty open for the first few hundred feet, then you have to hit a tight window to enter the woods. From there, plays slightly downhill and through a lot of trees with a nasty drop behind the pin.
Quote:
Others:

Moraine 16
Harmon Hills 17
Selah Ranch Lakeside 4 and 7
A couple of holes at Sugaree but I can't remember the numbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Linbrook 7 took me a full half hour. Lost my tee shot, finally found it, lost my second shot, finally found it, played a safe out and then lost my fourth shot and finally found it.
Now that I've played some Pittsburgh courses, I had to chime in.

The Moraine and Linbrook holes are both challenging but seem pretty reasonable to me. 16 is tight but it's all about getting up that initial hill. There are plenty of gaps, but boy is it easy to hit those trees! I just had a tournament out there and got par twice, with one double bogey.

At Moraine, sadly, the toughest hole of the tournament for me was 9. It's not terribly technical, but I managed to hit early trees every time. I was 5 (maybe 6?) over on 9 alone after three rounds, but that also involved a putt rollaway that turned into a triple bogey.

Some of the most difficult technical holes had to be at Trey Ranch. The par 5 on Trey Deuce (is it hole 10?) is crazy from the long tees, with an initial gap followed by some later fairway narrowing. It does open up a bit after that, but it's tough.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:49 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 385 Times in 326 Posts

Hardest hole I have ever played was at My local Pierre SD Course Steamboat Park hole 8 as a big huge Russian Olive is just off to the right when playing the hole, can make it so you are literally pitching out of the Russian Olive in order to play the course and not have to go to the hospital for thorn problems. Sadly due to a Water Treatment plant that might get put there the course might loose the holes 6-9 or at least 7-9 and live with a 14 or 15 hole course. The other hole depends on if the New bridge will make hole 6 disappear too. The hole has made me score as high as a 12 a few years ago and a 8 this year.