Old 08-04-2020, 04:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 200
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 266 Times in 131 Posts

For those of you on FB, this was posted today by Ace Run Disc Golf Shop:

https://www.facebook.com/acerundiscs...93502810959317

For those of you not on FB, it is a posting of a Temp course for the Lion or Lamb Invitational tournament this Saturday, 8/8. It is a C-Tier event that is FULL at this time. But, the course can still be played, here is the FB posting:

WEDNESDAY RANDOM DOUBLES🥏⛓:
We have been working hard getting the Wallace Farm Temp Course ready for Saturday's "Lion or Lamb Invitational" PDGA C-Tier! We want you to come out and enjoy the course even if you aren't playing the Lion or Lamb! $5 buy in, $5 ace pool. Wednesday 8-5-20, 5:30 registration, 6:00 start. 4992 Mrs. White Ln Mebane. Look for the Innova banner! We recommend wearing long pants, bringing water and bug spray. A signed waiver is required for all participants and guests. The course will be open all day Friday to the public!

If I get a chance to play the course on Friday, I plan to make a donation to the charity selected.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 08-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 62
Niced 156 Times in 93 Posts

dangit if I didn't have plans already Friday
Old 08-04-2020, 05:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 200
Niced 266 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P. View Post
dangit if I didn't have plans already Friday
Dubs tomorrow night!!
Old 08-05-2020, 12:46 AM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 175
Niced 2,610 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmay5 View Post
Wellspring DGC at Cedarock Park in Burlington has reopened.
Check out this review from the original designer:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/revie...mode=rev#84730

To summarize: All the teepads, short and long, have been completely repoured, concrete 6X12s. Trimming of the fairways, tee areas and greens have cut back the summer growth.

So, along with Cedarock, the Figure 8 of 36 holes is open again.

There is also some great history of these courses and DG in the Burlington area, PLUS the carrot on the stick that there may soon be a 3rd permanent course at the park. If you play all three consecutively, would that be a snowman?

Thanks for all you have done Rob Nicks, Alamance P&R and others mentioned, and continue to do. You are all THEY!!
Rock Creek layout or something drastically different? If they put in Rock Creek it would overlap heavily with the footgolf course they installed.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 164
Niced 213 Times in 92 Posts

I doubt the last few Rock Creek layouts could become permanent, they used walking paths and camping areas as fairways on nearly all of the wooded holes. It seems like every year at the tournament, some poor soul tries camping right in the landing zone of that amazing semi-open par 4 by the creek.

Maybe just the open holes of Rock Creek could be worked into something. I do like those holes more than what’s at Cedarock.

Zebulon also has a new foot golf course that overlaps with disc golf. I haven’t heard of much interference yet, but there’s already enough walking traffic there as-is.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-06-2020, 12:33 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 258 Times in 148 Posts

I played the "original" course at White Oak River Campground today in Maysville (between Cape Carteret and New Bern). Based on a conversation with Mike, the owner and a disc golfer, I believe the course has been substantially redesigned.

I found it to be quite satisfying to play. A fair course, plenty of distance from the white tees. The pars on the blue tees might be a little generous, but that's just a number. I imagine bigger arms will just play the blues as a par 54. It wends its way through fields and fairly open mature growth trees along side some ponds and the river.

Cool hanging basket on 14, with a nice bridge view of the river as you make your way to the tee.

The course ends a little ho-hum on 15 through 18, but I have a feeling Mike has ideas. He mentioned that he didn't want to put the baskets in concrete so he could move them to give variety to the course He also encouraged me to play some blue tees as if they were 15 through 18.

All in all, well worth $3.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 164
Niced 213 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Rock Creek layout or something drastically different? If they put in Rock Creek it would overlap heavily with the footgolf course they installed.
Update on this - I’m now hearing chatter that it really is Rock Creek becoming permanent, and that the wooded holes would be the first to receive teepads. If so, that’s great news! Depending on layout details from year to year, Rock Creek is often one of my favorite courses in the state.

I wonder how they’ll handle the walking paths and camping areas that interfere then.

Old 08-12-2020, 03:40 PM
Birdie Member

I played Middle Creek DGC down in Apex yesterday. I wrote up a review and while I was doing it, I was wondering why my impression was so different from others who have played there. I thought it was a little bit of a train-wreck given all of the other aspects of the multi-use park, but the average review is over 3.

Anyone else played there recently? Looking at the pictures, part of the issue is that the number of fields, sidewalks, etc. in the park have grown by a massive amount since the course went in, so maybe that explains it?

If you are around, DiscGolfCraig, I'm particularly interested in your take, as you seem to have a different opinion.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 380
Niced 504 Times in 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastnav View Post
If you are around, DiscGolfCraig, I'm particularly interested in your take, as you seem to have a different opinion.
When you’re writing reviews, you’d earn more respect by not attacking people by name in them. Keep the personal attacks to yourself, or at least out of there.

Niced: (1)

Old 08-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
When you’re writing reviews, you’d earn more respect by not attacking people by name in them. Keep the personal attacks to yourself, or at least out of there.
Huh? Who did I attack? Kenan?

I’m genuinely curious what I’ve missed about the course, because every review of his I’ve read of a course I’ve played has been spot on with my impression. He has way more experience than I do, so I respect the difference of opinion and wanted to point out that I may have just missed in my assessment.

But if that’s not coming through, maybe I need to edit the review.