Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 08-20-2020, 05:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 237 Times in 143 Posts

Hole 10 Watson Lake, Prescott Arizona. Normally a right to left wind heading to the lake.

That hole has it in for me. I'm a RHFH thrower, I know the line I need, but every so often....that wind catches my disc just wrong, the disc becomes a kite, and it's on its way to the lake. Most times it ends up short and recoverable....but, then there are the other times. A Witness, a Sidewinder, and recently an Escape....all resting on the bottom of the lake somewhere (not too far from the edge....but not easily recoverable).
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 881 Times in 325 Posts

Lost a first run McZone yesterday. Bad shot that landed 60’ short of the basket, then I threw a few more and forgot to grab the Zone. That feeling when I just randomly remembered 2 hours later at home, then ran out to check my bag and it wasn’t there...

I would’ve gone back but it was out in the open at a busy course, no point. Kept checking my phone for texts but I know it’s gone.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:46 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 3
Niced 213 Times in 108 Posts

An almost lost disc story for me and a lost disc story for someone else...

A while back, I was out on course. I've got a wide open 200-225'ish foot approach shot. I grab my favorite Roc (yellow DX, stock stamp) and push something out to the right of the target. It flies straight as an arrow and fades just past the basket, landing about 10 to 15 feet away. Basically, the shot that I visualize when I think about playing disc golf.

This older guy, who had finished playing earlier, was walking by the hole and stopped to watch my shot. He is maybe 50 feet from where it lands, so we are about 275 to 300 feet apart. He yells at me. "Hey is that a Roc?" I yell back that it is, thinking the we are going to share a Roc moment together. Nope. This old guy walks over and grabs my disc off the ground and starts to walk off.

I start yelling and chase him down, asking what he is doing. He says that his yellow Roc fell out of his bag earlier. I tell him that it is mine and it is inked. He flips the disc over and of course his fingers are covering my info. At this point, we are both tugging on the disc. He lets go and tells me to enjoy my Roc.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 43.4
Courses Played: 251
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 132 Times in 85 Posts

Just, Wow!

Old 10-17-2020, 02:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,254 Times in 628 Posts

Lost one of my favorite discs today. 1st time I played a true water carry. 260' hole, probably 200' water carry. Easy! Decided to club up just to make sure I made it. Must have been in my head too much yet. Shanked the drive and knicked a small tree branch just out from the tee. Sent the disc almost straight up into the air. 100' out into the water. Seriously was about to go swimming. But it's 35 degrees in WI this morning.

So. Rip my beloved beat in proton insanity. You were my second longest tenured disc in my bag, and a real game changer for my game early on. You will be missed!