Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Will you be buying a live stream package for this event?
Yes 27 16.88%
No 133 83.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2020, 12:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 65
Niced 741 Times in 358 Posts

I’m hoping the senior tour becomes a viable option.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 09-25-2020, 01:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,586 Times in 886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
But, D50, we have the ability/option (at least where I live) to do this on our own. For example....
For sure, I get that. I just don't think they should be testing/experimenting/whatever you want to call it, on the niche supportive fan base of this event. The only tier I think they are missing is a basic live stream only with no US Disc Golf Membership.

What exactly is a "US Disc Golf Membership"? I searched on that and found nothing. It says to go to usdiscgolf.com which gets forwarded back to usdgc.com. For store questions it says refer to discgolfunited.com. They are all registered under the same entity so I'm guessing it's all the same business umbrella. Wish I knew more about the membership, not really interested in paying to have access to disc golf merch. But if they're planning on more live tournaments, that would be interesting.

Quote:
D50 often postulates that the cost around Dallas-Fort Worth for Am events is "way too high." (ot that there should be other non player pack options).
The thing that still doesn't jive with me is ams costing the same as pros in the age protected divisions. But it is what it is and DD's tournaments always fill which is of course a good thing. But yah..my days of spending $60+ on a 2 round tournament are long gone. Luckily we have several other TDs active who provide alternative pricing, plus we have plenty of those 25.00 one round flex tournaments which are pure jelly. Btw..did Stevo come up with that idea first?

Niced: (1)
Old 09-25-2020, 01:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,727 Times in 2,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
I’m hoping the senior tour becomes a viable option.
It would be fun to see the crew of masters players we have right now battling it out more frequently...

Feldy
MJ
Barry
Rico
PB
JohnE
Schwebby

Old 09-25-2020, 09:17 AM

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 43
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

No Chance I'm spending $20 or whatever else more on a single event. The value's not there. I already waste too much money on plastic. The event isn't that big of a deal to me. I'll be out on the course with my friends instead.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-25-2020, 09:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 213
Niced 613 Times in 365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
For sure, I get that. I just don't think they should be testing/experimenting/whatever you want to call it, on the niche supportive fan base of this event. The only tier I think they are missing is a basic live stream only with no US Disc Golf Membership.

What exactly is a "US Disc Golf Membership"? I searched on that and found nothing. It says to go to usdiscgolf.com which gets forwarded back to usdgc.com. For store questions it says refer to discgolfunited.com. They are all registered under the same entity so I'm guessing it's all the same business umbrella. Wish I knew more about the membership, not really interested in paying to have access to disc golf merch. But if they're planning on more live tournaments, that would be interesting.

The thing that still doesn't jive with me is ams costing the same as pros in the age protected divisions. But it is what it is and DD's tournaments always fill which is of course a good thing. But yah..my days of spending $60+ on a 2 round tournament are long gone. Luckily we have several other TDs active who provide alternative pricing, plus we have plenty of those 25.00 one round flex tournaments which are pure jelly. Btw..did Stevo come up with that idea first?
It wasn't Stevo's original idea. But he's the guy who first utilized it widespread, got the kinks out, and popularized it. Kinda like Steve Jobs and the tablet computer.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 319 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
USDGC is Innova, 100% their event. The tournament has always been the standard in experimentation, from course design, to OB rules, and pretty much anything else imaginable.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:23 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 18
Niced 49 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Did you guys miss the part about post-production coverage being behind the paywall for 14 days as well? It's not gonna be "next-day" free coverage; it'll be next-fortnight coverage if you want it for free.
I can wait.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.4
Courses Played: 250
Niced 4,164 Times in 1,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft Dad View Post
I can wait.
I will just lose interest. I certainly cannot stay in the sports bubble, not knowing the results, for that long. Come the following weekend, I will have forgotten about the tournament.

So, instead of my passing interest, watching some of the post production, I will watch none. Recommend watching to nobody. This seems to be the prevailing attitude among the few handful of golfers I have talked to.

I wish them luck....I am not their target audience.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:32 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 18
Niced 49 Times in 27 Posts

Well even if I inadvertently hear the results, I will watch anyway. I like watching the MPO and FPO players play.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:51 AM

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 55
Niced 11 Times in 6 Posts

I would pay for the next day post production, but $30 is too steep (my schedule won't allow to watch live coverage). Like others have asked, why not a more reasonable price to only see next day coverage? I'm bummed that I either have to pay $30 or wait 2 weeks and already know the results. It will be impossible to avoid spoiler alerts for 2 weeks.