Old 06-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 27.2
Courses Played: 84
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

i just don't get it..why would you keep something that isn't yours? because you found it?...suppose i find the keys to your car in the ignition..to me thats lame as hell and im glad we dont have anyone like you around here
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy

The guy in MD whose shark we found in GA mailed us a card and $5. We didn't ask for anything but since shipping is $4.95 now it was welcomed.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80playedin10states View Post
i just don't get it..why would you keep something that isn't yours? because you found it?...suppose i find the keys to your car in the ignition..to me thats lame as hell and im glad we dont have anyone like you around here
First off, I'm sure you do have people like him around. I highly doubt that the majority of discs found in your area end up back in the original owner's possession.

And with the comparison you made, if you saw car keys in somebody's ignition, do you figure out who the owner is and call them?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Skankin77

Lost one..haven't gotten it back..had my name and #. Someone probably stole it from me I'm guessing.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Banned

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

you are making assumptions but that's cool..not the disc golf mecca here so i have had EVERY disc returned to me(excpet the ones at the boottom of a lake) the keys in the car thing was a crappy analogy, sorry...but still i don't get keeping things that aren't yours...check out the book, "everything you need to know in life you learned in kindergarten"
Old 06-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
you are making assumptions but that's cool..not the disc golf mecca here so i have had EVERY disc returned to me(excpet the ones at the boottom of a lake) the keys in the car thing was a crappy analogy, sorry...but still i don't get keeping things that aren't yours...check out the book, "everything you need to know in life you learned in kindergarten"
I understand why ideally people would give them back, but I just don't see it as worth my time. I don't usually keep ones I find either, I buy the discs I want to throw. I'll usually give them to somebody to use that is just starting. I figure its easier for me, the person is at no more of a loss than when they walked off the course, and somebody new is introduced to the sport.

And yes, I knew what you were getting at with the car thing...I just have a tendency to argue minor details...

EDIT: Keep in mind that the majority of discs found (for me anyways) are DX and usually pretty beaten/old. If it were a champion, star, elite-z, etc I would probably consider giving the person a call...IF there number was on it.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Banned

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

sall good man...sick of arguing on here over petty bullchit...you must have money to afford replacements, i don't..escpecially if it is one i have had for a decade and my game suffers without it..
Old 06-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
you must have money to afford replacements
Only in the summer while I'm holding down a job. I'm sure the rest of the year I would be over on your side.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 7
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't have the money to always replace a disc as well and if is one my game will suffer without I don't give up easily on trying to find it. I have one disc in particular that my wife bought me. I lost it and that disc meant quite a lot to me. I gave up on it after looking for 30 mins and finished my round. I came back to the spot where I lost it and found in about 5 mins.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
out of the discs in my bag that i use, 1 is found. It has a name on it, Aaron C. How many people are named aaron with the last name of C? He also left it out in the middle of a frozen pond which I was adventerous enough to go out on the ice and get it. The discs I find are usually DX and go into a basket in my car. I use them to throw over water or to give to new people playing. I'll give you an example.

I was playing a round the other day and came across a man and his son, they were just starting and also sharing discs. They mostly had drivers of 168+, with one putter and no midrange. The kid was about 9 and couldn't handle the disc weight. I finished the round with them, giving tips, and at the end I reached my hand into my basket of leftovers, some found and some bought. I gave the guy and his son an EliteZ buzzz i found and a beat in DX(discraft for dx?) Discraft XL that was 150 class for the kid.

As for your car analogy. I would have to look into further as it's been a while since I was told this, but if you leave your keys in the ignition of the car and someone takes it, you are liable and insurance can choose not to refund your loss.

If I leave a disc, it's anybodys to find. I have been known to look for an hour and a half, until it gets dark, then wake up really early before work and go looking for it again until I find it.