Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 AM
zenbot's Avatar
zenbot zenbot is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ventura, California
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 11,263
Niced 538 Times in 193 Posts
Question Ching driver that turns over really late?

Anybody every thrown a Ching RHBH that starts turning right about 90% into it's flight. I saw a guy on my course throwing one and I don't remember what he said the name of it was. It was pretty amazing and could come in really handy.

At first I thought he was just hyzer flipping it. I kept watching him. He threw it level, it went straight, and at the very end of the flight it fell off to the right instead of fading left.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM
garublador garublador is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Urbandale, IA
Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 5,081
Niced 58 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
Anybody every thrown a Ching RHBH that starts turning right about 90% into it's flight. I saw a guy on my course throwing one and I don't remember what he said the name of it was. It was pretty amazing and could come in really handy.

At first I thought he was just hyzer flipping it. I kept watching him. He threw it level, it went straight, and at the very end of the flight it fell off to the right instead of fading left.
That's something you'll have to control yourself. While it's easier to perform with some discs, there isn't really a special disc that will do that naturally. I'd recommend a beat up, stable mid or fairway driver for that type of shot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2009, 12:07 PM
edge3281's Avatar
edge3281 edge3281 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 92
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Or become a Jedi...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2009, 12:11 PM
zenbot's Avatar
zenbot zenbot is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ventura, California
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 11,263
Niced 538 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge3281 View Post
Or become a Jedi...
I don't have enough midichlorians. =(

Midichlorians and Jar Jar: Only 2 of the many reasons I hate Episodes 1-3.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2009, 10:29 PM
mmyersdisc's Avatar
mmyersdisc mmyersdisc is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mishawaka Indiana
Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 985
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I use a Avenger SS ESP for these kinda shots...if you put enough snap on it...it will turn over about 70% flight and have a smooth landing..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2009, 01:16 PM
zenbot's Avatar
zenbot zenbot is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ventura, California
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 11,263
Niced 538 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Ahh, I'm stupid. He was hyzerflipping a Juju. He just didn't want to tell me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-25-2009, 02:34 AM
DeafDiscGolfer's Avatar
DeafDiscGolfer DeafDiscGolfer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 181
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 324
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
Ahh, I'm stupid. He was hyzerflipping a Juju. He just didn't want to tell me.
Did he tell you the weight of it? Weights might also have the factor for the disc to veer to the right instead of left or it was well beaten.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Lewis's Avatar
Lewis Lewis is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,465
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
I don't have enough midichlorians. =(

Midichlorians and Jar Jar: Only 2 of the many reasons I hate Episodes 1-3.
Don't hate on Episode 3 just because Episode 1 sucked. It's pretty obvious that Lucas realized the mistake he'd made with Jar-Jar in The Phantom Menace, since he only gets the odd line here and there in Episode 2, and barely gets a cameo in Episode 3. And there are some great scenes in Episode 3. I might even put it ahead of Episode 6 for quality.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-25-2009, 12:30 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Darkhorse Ranch
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 175
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 15,342
Niced 2,610 Times in 1,206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Don't hate on Episode 3 just because Episode 1 sucked. It's pretty obvious that Lucas realized the mistake he'd made with Jar-Jar in The Phantom Menace, since he only gets the odd line here and there in Episode 2, and barely gets a cameo in Episode 3. And there are some great scenes in Episode 3. I might even put it ahead of Episode 6 for quality.
*Hears Star Wars talk, turns around and walks out of room*
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 05-25-2009, 06:53 PM
zenbot's Avatar
zenbot zenbot is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ventura, California
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 11,263
Niced 538 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDiscGolfer View Post
Did he tell you the weight of it? Weights might also have the factor for the disc to veer to the right instead of left or it was well beaten.
No, he didn't. I'll have to sneak a peek when he isn't looking. =)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best driver to achieve long s-turns cleav General Disc Golf Chat 46 04-11-2016 08:35 PM
Late Turnover Driver Cronemus Discs 43 06-12-2014 11:32 PM
LATE NIGHT PACKAGE DEAL DEAL-putter,mid,driver,autoraph steinman The Marketplace 5 01-25-2012 12:44 AM
POLL: What turns you on about a course? bazillion General Disc Golf Chat 72 02-22-2010 04:35 PM
Ching Power Genesis Driver ChaseTheAce The Marketplace 12 08-19-2009 09:07 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.