Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 67
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Some people

So I was playing the other day with the girlfriends family and her brother loses a disc pretty sure it went into the water so I jump in and couldnt find it we had just played through another group and when they caught back up to us they "helped" us look for it so after 15 minutes of looking we moved on and one of the guys in the other group was still kinda poiking around. Anyways my gf's dad though he heard the guy say he found it at one point in time but he couldn't be positive. it has ink on it so today we get a phone call saying i found your disc and if you want it back I "demand" a finders fee and that my brother would remember him. Im sorry I have found discs and called and returned and I didnt expect to get paid for it. The guy said it was a 30 dollar disc I bought it new for 18. Seriously what a total a-hole!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 112
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Personally I really dis like the idea of finders fees. I will give you your disc back and have even paid shipping to get a disc to somebody. If you want to pay me that is fine but not necessary at all. Even the people that seem to make a living by diving for discs frustrate me.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 59
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Finders fees are for losers.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 29.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finders Fee's, what the (BLEEP).
Well hope he loses a disc, and the person that finds it charges him a finder's fee, the gas money for driving to the course, the phone bill for calling.........
Would only be fair.

Where is the old days, where you fiind a disc you return it for free.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 45
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an interesting story about finder's fees. I played at the El Dorado Open in Long Beach, CA earlier this year. During the second round on Saturday, I hit a tree with a Teebird and it kicked off into the lake. After the round was over, I went in after my disc. While I was looking for my disc, I found a bunch of other discs that were lost in the water during the first two rounds. I eventually found my disc, but decided I would keep looking for other discs since I was already in there. All told, I pulled another 30 discs out of the water. As I was getting out of the lake, the TD came over to see what I was doing. I told him I was looking for the disc I lost earlier. He asked what I was going to do with the other discs I found. I said I was going to call on the ones with telephone numbers and then keep the unmarked ones. He then said that park rules prohibited going into the lake. He said he was going to confiscate the discs or I would be disqualified from the tournament. I reluctantly agreed, but as I turned over the discs he said he would make it up to me. I didn't think much of it at the time. Well, the next day at the players' meeting, the TD announces that he had some of the lost discs from the day before and that if someone wanted them back they would have to pay a $5 finder's fee per disc. At the end of the day, the TD had collected $100. He found me and gave me $75 of the money for my efforts the day before. I just wanted to return the discs free of charge so I felt guilty about accepting the finder's fees. I didn't know of any way to return the money to the owners so I used the money to buy discs for some local kids at my home course of Sylmar. This is only time I've received money for finding discs. I usually end up spending my own money to ship the discs back just like TalbotTrojan.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If someone returned my disc from its watery grave a would without provocation pay a percentage of what the disc was worth, they did after all do some work to find it. I would also expect that some one would offer me some thing in return for me finding their disc in the water. I don't think I would be so bold as to ask but time is worth money and we should all respect that. As for this situation though the guy sounds like a total a hole so I understand where your coming from.

I would also never pay out of pocket to send someone their disc, that just doesn't make any sense to me. I mean I am a nice enough guy but seriously I am not forking over the cash to do someone a favor.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 112
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

just today I was at pia looking in the used bin and I come across my xout champ valkyrie with my name and number on it.

I paid them $2.50 for it, so that was cool.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Flash 86 great job!

The world of disc golf needs a whole lot more people like you in it. Thanks for your dedication to the sport and promoting a good image by passing your fortune on to others whom are less fortunate.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think if someone finds your disc and gives you a call you should at least offer a trade or at the very least to pay shipping and handling. I have declined their offers of payment or trade until now but I think you should still offer.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 21
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedturbo View Post
it has ink on it so today we get a phone call saying i found your disc and if you want it back I "demand" a finders fee and that my brother would remember him.
I'd tell him, "Have fun with your new disc."