Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 405 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
There was an obvious cut/edit to the tee so you never know how many takes it took, but who cares... sweet shot.
After a couple more watches- maybe they have learned that people look at shadows so they took turns trying it and as soon as one of them hit it the other two threw so the shadows would be similar.

They might have even started on that hole then played the round.
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Par Member

Niced 93 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
After a couple more watches- maybe they have learned that people look at shadows so they took turns trying it and as soon as one of them hit it the other two threw so the shadows would be similar.

They might have even started on that hole then played the round.
I think the truth is that you're in on the conspiracy and you're just saying this to help keep it all on the down low!
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 74 Times in 52 Posts

Simon is fun to watch.....I was a spotter at the 2020 Memorial in Scottsdale, AZ and he almost hit me. The disc passed just over my head, hit a branch, and went into the water.

Nice guy and I enjoy watching his videos....but I wonder if he places where he does because he always seems to be trying things other players don't (the Simon Lines) and they don't always work out for him.

Two big things I've learned from him.
1. Have fun and enjoy what you are doing
2. Don't always follow the crowd, sometimes there is a better way. (example: 2017 Jonesboro Open, hole 11 - instead of throwing straight ahead down the intended fairway, he threw sideways - right to left - off the tee pad and used the adjacent fairway).

So I have fun even when I play poorly and I always look for options - is there another way instead of the obvious?
Old Today, 03:30 AM
Par Member

There was a recent video where Casey was invited to join Discmania. In that video did I hear correctly that Avery Jenkins has named his son Aryan?
Old Today, 04:15 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 331
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,672 Times in 1,675 Posts

Incedible shot.
First take? We may never know.

I get the need to chill and have a fun round with your friends after a long, tourney paced day, but...

I don't appreciate the lack of social distancing, and all of them fondling the same box of discs as if Covid was nothing to be concerned about.

PDGA puts out guidelines and the tourney staff takes all sorts of steps to allow events to be held responsibly.... and some of the highest profile MPO players don't seem to get the message (Paul and Brodie included). Its not a good look.
Old Today, 06:49 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 85 Times in 53 Posts
Default How Simon made it sound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post
There was a recent video where Casey was invited to join Discmania. In that video did I hear correctly that Avery Jenkins has named his son Aryan?
I heard that as well. Maybe Simon mispronounced it? Strange name to say the least.
Old Today, 06:56 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 85 Times in 53 Posts
Default Eagle kissed the disc out the basket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Incedible shot.
First take? We may never know.

I get the need to chill and have a fun round with your friends after a long, tourney paced day, but...

I don't appreciate the lack of social distancing, and all of them fondling the same box of discs as if Covid was nothing to be concerned about.

PDGA puts out guidelines and the tourney staff takes all sorts of steps to allow events to be held responsibly.... and some of the highest profile MPO players don't seem to get the message (Paul and Brodie included). Its not a good look.
It's unbelievable the number of times on almost ALL of the DG footage of people

disregarding social distancing/hygiene. Not great role models in terms of Covid safety.

The number of cases is sky-rocketing again. Very sad.

Old Today, 10:58 AM
Par Member

Anyone know what golf trolley Colten and Kona were using in the most recent vlog?