Old 09-29-2018, 10:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 246 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShope33073 View Post
Throwing an epic is no different than any other disc. For example if you can't throw a forehand it doesn't matter what disc you pick up you will note be able to magically throw a forehand. All discs take a certain amount of skill level and practice to master. Epics are a very valuable tool to have in the bag but you have to know what they are good for and what they aren't good for. I've thrown them for a long time and find it to be a very reliable disc aslong as you don't try to start using them for every shot. The epic is only good for shats that it gives you a high probability advantage. For me that limits to 2 different types of throws that it is worth it to take my epic out of my bag. #1 straight up wide open distance where distance is more important than placement and #2 when i have to go up and over something instead of thru it and a lot of wide open area on the otherside to glide for distance. Tomohawks go farther than thumbers with any disk when thrown properly and the Epic is no different. A thumber finishes with the same fade as your backhand and should give you about the same distance with less control so thumbers usual dont give you any type of advantage unless you have to go up and over. The tomohawks however come in very handy for some one like me that gets no distance from a forehand. it allows you to rip it for distance and get that hard left to right finish. It's not for everybody but no disc is or else there wouldn't be 1,000+ discs on the market
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShope33073 View Post
Hmm. Point out the post where I said disk. I'll wait..... Bye bye
It really is too easy
Sponsored Links

Last edited by hiflyer; 09-29-2018 at 10:21 PM. Reason: So yeah. It was your first post. STFU, and buh bye
Old 09-29-2018, 11:52 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Wow, is it Winter already?

Old 09-30-2018, 12:05 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 246 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Wow, is it Winter already?
Now is the winter of your discontent!!!
</StewieVoice>

I keed, I keed.
</TriumphTheInsultComicDogVoice>
Old 10-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 110
Niced 58 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
OK. Some people are too dense to understand anything. i will leave you to loose your stroke while throwing disks. Good luck in life, you're gonna need it.
RShope has it backwards on his original statement about gaining and "loosing" strokes.
However, he did change the entire context of the argument, when he changed it to "gaining or losing a STROKE COMPARED TO THE FIELD" - in this statement he is correct, but that is NOT how the argument was originally presented.

NOOBS! Have you figured out who is backwards yet?
Old 10-02-2018, 11:01 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 133
Niced 741 Times in 391 Posts

Is it Winter?
Old 10-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 45 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky Yutz View Post
RShope has it backwards on his original statement about gaining and "loosing" strokes.
However, he did change the entire context of the argument, when he changed it to "gaining or losing a STROKE COMPARED TO THE FIELD" - in this statement he is correct, but that is NOT how the argument was originally presented.

NOOBS! Have you figured out who is backwards yet?
Only a noob doesn't understand the difference in terminology and context when it comes to golf . Adding/subtracting a stroke and gaining/losing a stroke are 2 completely different things.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:33 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 31
Niced 339 Times in 126 Posts

Last edited by zenbot; 10-02-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Carolina Crusher's Magic Man

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 50 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1972 View Post
I played with a guy that throws one last week... He usually threw it when he wanted to go over an object and come down vertically on the basket... I had the chance to try one yesterday and after that went out and bought one (along with the Aerobie Arrow Putt & Approach). I absoulutly love this disc... out to about 200 feet I can throw it vertical with my thumb on the small lipped side and usually place it where ever I want it... Anyone else throwing this disc... If so what do you think???

Josh
Hey, I have one in my extra bag, I actually like the disc but have found it to be unpredictable with my tomahawk shots. If you like this disc, and you throw overhand, please try the Discraft Flick. It is a horrible disc for my backhand shots, but is perfect and consistant for overhand throws.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 45 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWayneHester View Post
Hey, I have one in my extra bag, I actually like the disc but have found it to be unpredictable with my tomahawk shots. If you like this disc, and you throw overhand, please try the Discraft Flick. It is a horrible disc for my backhand shots, but is perfect and consistant for overhand throws.
A flick is a great over hand disc for a thumber I would think similar to my firebird. Tomahawks I think you could get more distance and predictability out of a wraith or destroyer or similar type disc. But the epic I can throw at least 50-75 feet farther than my wraith.

Niced: (1)

Old 10-02-2018, 12:04 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 31
Niced 339 Times in 126 Posts

Not a fan of Flicks for OH because I have giant hands and they are much more shallow than a Firebird.