Old 03-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 404 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
The thing is, her BH form is amazing. Like perfect as far as I can tell. It's not just that she can throw far, but form like that should help her with putters/mids and every situation, not just the long hole advantage. She could just throw 75% power fairway drivers all day and throw as far or farther than most of the field....not saying she should, but I bet she could.

So to me it's someone who has a really hard part of the game mastered by perfecting her BH form, so her ceiling is really high. Which is why I think people focus on her...she has the potential to shoot some incredible rounds especially if she hits her putts and makes more consistent shot choices in some situations. But at the same time, I guess these are all different skills or aspects of golf that have to come together to consistently shoot great rounds.
Totally agree with you.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 404 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
She is a 4x World Champion. Not just another guy... or gal...
Certainly not. She is probably the best of all time in FPO. But I'm saying, we may want to think of her as what she is -- a high-ceiling 970-player. There are a lot of players out there who play pretty much exactly like Paige does. She's not unique in that regard -- throwing long, taking unnecessary risks, missing 12-footers, hitting 50-footers, etc.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 316 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
She could just throw 75% power fairway drivers all day and throw as far or farther than most of the field....not saying she should, but I bet she could.
Her signature disc checks in at 9/4/-.5/3, so I think you are on to something. From the off the course videos I’ve watched, it seems she’s come to like the Ballista Pro 14/4/0/3.

I don’t know what she’s throwing off the tee, but maybe throw that sig disc more?
Old 03-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,173 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
Certainly not. She is probably the best of all time in FPO. But I'm saying, we may want to think of her as what she is -- a high-ceiling 970-player. There are a lot of players out there who play pretty much exactly like Paige does. She's not unique in that regard -- throwing long, taking unnecessary risks, missing 12-footers, hitting 50-footers, etc.
Her Achilles' heel.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 677 Times in 535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
Her signature disc checks in at 9/4/-.5/3, so I think you are on to something. From the off the course videos I’ve watched, it seems she’s come to like the Ballista Pro 14/4/0/3.

I don’t know what she’s throwing off the tee, but maybe throw that sig disc more?
She seems to flip her drives a lot. I'm not sure if its due to poor disc choice or simply torquing over too hard. MOST of her OBs are due to laying a huge drive WAAAYYYY to the right. Maybe she needs to throw something more overstable.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2019, 07:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
She seems to flip her drives a lot. I'm not sure if its due to poor disc choice or simply torquing over too hard. MOST of her OBs are due to laying a huge drive WAAAYYYY to the right. Maybe she needs to throw something more overstable.
Maybe she will leave DD and pull a Drew Gibson

Old 03-03-2019, 07:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 6
Niced 117 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
For the record, in the final round she parked the tee shot on 18 with the same disc she turned over too much in the third round. It was probably a replacement but technically rules out the "needs more overstable discs" argument.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 316 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, the Getaway is more stable than the Convict, and Paige B really likes the Getaway. You may have a point. I’m not very good at this game, as either a player or analyst.

If you believe DD hype, they’re all going to be throwing the Raider, their new Destroyer clone.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
Yeah, the Getaway is more stable than the Convict, and Paige B really likes the Getaway. You may have a point. I’m not very good at this game, as either a player or analyst.

If you believe DD hype, they’re all going to be throwing the Raider, their new Destroyer clone.
On hole 18 (where she dunked 2 drives) I'd probably throw about the beefiest long driver I can think of. Something like an XCal or an overstable Destroyer. I'd want no chance of it catching wind and flipping.

I'm not really a DD guy. I find many of their discs quite a bit flippier than advertised. If I had to throw DD in that situation I'd take a Defender.

Getaway isn't a horrible choice either. Its definitely harder to turn over than the Convict is.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by RistoS View Post
For the record, in the final round she parked the tee shot on 18 with the same disc she turned over too much in the third round. It was probably a replacement but technically rules out the "needs more overstable discs" argument.
I hope they had someone with waders on 18 looking for all those discs. I figure over 4 days of hard play there had to be 100 discs thrown in there.

Who knows, though. Wind situations could have been different over the 2 days. I'm just idly speculating at this point.

I still think she torques a lot of drives over.