Old 04-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Carolina Crusher's Magic Man

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 50 Times in 15 Posts

"Nova P.......This was good science fifty or sixty years ago, but through study we have learned since then that it's vastly more complicated than that.
Funny you should say that, as there is significant evidence that one is born transgender, due to the effects on development in the womb of the timing of the delivery of various hormones to the developing fetus."

CALL ME when a Man turns into a Trans-Gender Woman gives birth! After-all according to you, "my logic" is based on 50 or sixty year old science. LOL. My logic is based on not how one might feel, but what equipment one might have. Penis or Vagina. I don't care how one "feels". We live in a world of entiltled butt-hurt babies. Thus creating you!

Woman's division should be played by actual woman, not men who feel like woman. Period.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 04-06-2019, 05:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,872 Times in 799 Posts

For what it is worth trans women have been competing in gender protected divisions for years in disc golf to no apparent ill effect.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,168 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
For what it is worth trans women have been competing in gender protected divisions for years in disc golf to no apparent ill effect.
Yea, I was going to ask this, as I assumed this was the case. People don't care until they start losing. (And that goes for any competition, in general)

Niced: (1)
Old 04-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
Casey's alternate facts strike again! She was not from India or Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_Semenya

and.... In before the Landfill
No she was from a country like that but I forgot what one anyhow.

PS do not let this post go to landfill.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlybakerbest View Post
I hope that this is not the woman he was thinking of, because she is not transgender but hyperandrogenous, meaning she naturally has elevated testosterone levels due to genetic variation. Completely different scenarios that I would hope people can wrap their head around.
Thanks, I had 100% forgotten the whole story since 2012 becuse of how the wold and how is now compired to back then how everything including sports seems to have a major potical view to it no matter the country. I knew her natural Testoereone was inolved and a main reason why the Olympic commite had to change the rules.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorgan1214 View Post
Its an interesting topic to talk about. Personally I don't believe any person that is born as a male and wants to transition into a female should be able to compete in a protected division such as FPO. Doesn't matter if they have the appropriate hormone levels. They still have muscle built from being a male for the majority of their life. This would give them an advantage over 99% of female disc golfers.
Yes I agree, it seems an unfair advantage in any sport even ones where a person can't get a whole ton of money to compete like disc golf. It almost seems that there needs to be Transgender/Cisgender for the gender protected devions for the top levels in these sports offered like Golf and Disc Golf and the rest of them so as to not make it unfair. Also feel we are getting to sensitve to these issues about how the people compete but at the same time we need to make it fair for these people to compeat.

We just had in a team win a lower level South Dakota state title in Basketball due to having a person who is Male To Female Transgender and she is not able due to state law take hormones until 18...18! Yeah also not allowed to take a homone blocker until in mid teens some so even if this kid/teen wanted to be female since before they hit puberty they could not allow it in South Dakota due to newer laws put in place in the mid 2010's as South Dakpota is backwards on these issues.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 309 Times in 128 Posts

Reading this thread was a good reminder that all that is needed to post on the Internet is an internet connection and an opinion.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:45 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,225 Times in 289 Posts

I've been out playing disc golf today from dawn to dusk, so I haven't had the time to comment here. Fortunately the serious points are being discussed in a pretty even-handed manner, and the stupid points are going without further comment, which is all that they deserve.

Honestly I was expecting worse, so yay progress?

Old 04-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 26
Niced 672 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopTom.com View Post
How about everyone just play their rating and not care what's in each others Underoos or on their birthday cake?
Gold 970+
Blue <970
White <935
Red <900
Green <850
Purple <800
So you're proposing we get rid of all protected divisions? Get rid of all juniors, masters+ divisions, and all F divisions? Good luck with that. And is the reasoning just fear of a woman who had gender reassignment surgery doing well in FPO? A thing that has definitely not happened.

Congratulations all good masters players, female players, and juniors, the best of you are now playing against weekend warrior intermediates instead of one another. The division protections exist for a reason.

Niced: (1)

Old 04-06-2019, 09:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 505 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
..., so yay progress?
Todd?
Closed Thread