Old 07-25-2019, 08:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
Can anyone comment on the feel of the grip and rim width of the discs?
I got a Seer, but the rim feels small in my hands (I have long fingers/big hands). Do the River/Maul have thicker rims? Or are there any other similar u/s fairways you'd recommend?
From memory the seer does feels slightly smaller than the river and maul. But when it comes down to it they are all speed 7s (maybe not maul can't remember) so they should all have a similar rim feel in the hand.

If you are looking for a wider rim feel in the hand on the same Swedish plastic strand you could go with a Fury or Hatchet both could be what you are looking for. From other companies the Sidewinder comes to mind, as well as the Heat.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2019, 09:24 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 101 Times in 71 Posts

I only thrown the River out of those 3 and that's mainly my favorite disc. Its touchy but I like that for throwing straight, annys, turnovers, and slight hyzer lines. I think it's a faster Cobra to be honest. Good disc for learning form.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:33 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHaavisto View Post
From memory the seer does feels slightly smaller than the river and maul. But when it comes down to it they are all speed 7s (maybe not maul can't remember) so they should all have a similar rim feel in the hand.

If you are looking for a wider rim feel in the hand on the same Swedish plastic strand you could go with a Fury or Hatchet both could be what you are looking for. From other companies the Sidewinder comes to mind, as well as the Heat.
Thanks. You're right, they're all speed 7's. I also throw an Explorer, which is also speed 7, but even though it's listed as the same rim width/depth dimensions as the Seer, it feels much better in my hands
Old 07-26-2019, 12:31 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 61 Times in 43 Posts

Seer rim is 1.6cm or speed 6 if you want to judge it by rim size. PDGA uses bad Harbor Freight calipers sometimes. Throws pretty long for its rim size though.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 252 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
I got a Seer, but the rim feels small in my hands (I have long fingers/big hands). Do the River/Maul have thicker rims? Or are there any other similar u/s fairways you'd recommend?
Inbounds has them all as having1.8 cm rims. The River is slightly deeper at 1.2, as opposed to 1.1 for the Maul and the Seer.

The River also has the largest diameter at 21.5. with Maul at 21.4, and Seer the smallest at 21.2.

So the Seer is definitely a smaller disc.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
The River has a slight kind of a "plus" style inner rim, where the inner rim is a bit slanted instead of 90 degrees to the flight plate. It's not drastic but if you're asking about rim specifics then this is worth noting. Also the River is a pretty wide diameter for a fairway driver, so that can make it feel a bit bigger in a different way. That's probably why it glides like crazy though.

I haven't even held a Maul or Seer so I can't compare. It looks like the Maul is listed as having a bit wider diameter too.

The Thief is being phased out but they are still available. This disc is like a faster River to me, and could be worth looking at. It's kind of like a Valkyrie class disc with the typical Trilogy glide.

If you aren't needing Trilogy plastic then the classic Sidewinder or Roadrunner is a staple for this slow distance driver class. These discs can be powered down but also will fly as far as nearly any disc for most players. Star will likely be straighter-ish with Gstar being closer to the understable numbers out of the box.

Niced: (1)

Old 07-27-2019, 09:09 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

The Seer is very Leopard feeling. Small rim, kinda roundish. Definitely closer to a speed 6 than a speed 8. River is definitely faster and less touchy. I use a TP Seer for understable utility stuff like drastic anhyzers, rollers, hard right to left FHs, etc.