Old 07-29-2019, 08:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
I like this bag. I was curious about having both the Zone and Verdict. Do you find they overlap at all? Do you find yourself reaching for one more than the other? I have a Zone, but was wondering if it'd be worth it to invest in a Verdict too. But I also don't get your sort of distance (max at ~ 315), so the spacing between those discs would be even less for me
Definitely different. The reason I bag the Verdict over other OS mids is because the zone. The verdict, with decent power, really isn’t meaty. It’s very straight to fade, a little shorter and more OS than the truth, but still kind of long. The zone (I prefer puddle/wavy top ESPs cuz they’re meaty) is a great OS approach disc. I use it mainly FH, but will use it for spikey approach BH hyzers sometimes.

Flights and stabilities are different enough. I think even with shorter distance, they are both very useful discs.

I’ll say, the verdict beats in to an eagle-like flight. Which, although useful, makes it a bit necessary to carry a true straight flier, IMO, hence the pairing with the truth.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2019, 08:46 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,155 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Truthfully this is something I self-debate. Was a reason I stopped throwing the Envy (albeit the Envy is one of my favorite discs).

It kind of boils down to this: I like ‘fade’ and little turn; meaning I like to do-the-work. Work angles and let the disc pan/fade. If I can work a tiny flex or hyzer, that’s my preferred choice, and the tomb is good for that. So, although I may try a Pure or something in this spot, I am satisfied for the time being.

I will say I wish DD or Discraft put out a similar mold. For consistencies sake. And don’t say the Luna. Don’t like the flat inner-wing feel. Other putters are too deep, also.
I like the Envy, too. I use it for approaches when I carry an "All-MVP/Axiom" bag out for a round, and I putt with the Proxy. I chose to bag the Stud over the Envy in my regular bag because the Stud has just that little bit extra glide that I like.

I know what you're saying about the Tomb. I've tried Pures, they're great, very straight discs, but I suspect you'll continue to like the Tomb more. And no, I won't say the Luna. In addition to its price point, I prefer shallow throwing putters/approachers, as you apparently do. I'll stick to the Tomb/Stud/Colt choices over the deeper dish throwing putters.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:19 AM
Eagle Member

Got an Opto Pure to give a whirl. Had it a couple rounds. Definitely likes to glide very straight, with a little fade. Pretty nice. Might just keep it ITB to help slow my throw down. We will see; the throwing putter spot is the one in constant flux these days.

Hanging out in the TCs for work, so I got to go throw Bryant. Awesome course. Bagged the Grip C for the trip.

Trespass - 2xLX, 1xLucid, 1xFuzion
Defender - 1xFuzion
Undertaker - 2xZ, 1xESP
Felon - 2xLucid
Heat - 1xESP
Truth - 2xLucid
Verdict - 2xLucid
Zone - 1xESP
Pure - 1xOpto
Judge - 2xPrime
Old 08-19-2019, 08:55 PM
Eagle Member

So one thing remains consistent: my driving/approach putter spot is in flux.

Took the pure and the tomb out to the course. Played every hole with both.

I like them both. The pure is a good disc; it is very straight with hyzer, goes far for a putter, and is pretty comfortable. With that, I don’t think it’s what I want a fresh premium putter to do; it’s what I want a premium putter that has some wear and tear to do. The tomb has some decent HSS, and a subtle fade, and holds the release angle. I think it suits my game more. So... I think I’ll stick with the tomb for now. Beat it in and get a freshy.

Anywho, playing the LSO this coming weekend. MA1. Hope I don’t suck.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-03-2019, 11:02 PM
Eagle Member

LSO went fine. Averaged 917... as illustrated by my complete inability to play consistently. Oh well.

Feeling pretty good with the Tomb. Bagged:

Trespass - LX, LX, Fz, Fz - lots of work.
Enforcer - Bio - one drive.
Undertaker - FRZ, Z - few straight shots.
Felon - Lc, Lc - lots of FHs
Heat - ESP - actually did well with it.
Truth - Lc, Bio - some woods work.
Verdict - Lc, Lc - work in the wind.
Zone - ESP - upshot.
Tomb - C - did well with drives.
Judge - Pr, Pr - haha, putting.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Niced 292 Times in 191 Posts

Thoughts on the Envy/Tomb/Pure fight happening in your bag this season?

Old 09-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Thoughts on the Envy/Tomb/Pure fight happening in your bag this season?
Well, I think it’s “settled.” May have been a different story if I got my hands on one of the Opto-x pures that sold out in 2 seconds...

What it’s come down to:

- Pure is too flippy (even Opto). Great when released on hyzer, goes straight for days, but doesn’t fit my style. I like to throw flat, use the angles. And I’m not the best at powering down effectively. The pure would probably help me, as it is a good “barometer” disc, but... I’m comfortable where I’m at.

- Envy in premium is more OS than I want, although it’s a great disc for one disc rounds, maybe even a small bag setup. Electron might be fine, but I like to ‘throw’ premium plastic discs, so there’s that.

- Tomb naturally fits in the middle of the pure and envy, with an ice shallow feel straight flight (when released flat) and gentle fade. I wish that the S line was a little stiffer, but the c blend is good.

They’re all a little quicker, but I like that cuz the truth is also a bit quicker for a mid.

(TLDR) So, for now I am sticking with the tomb. Fits my game. Fits my bag. Zone/Tomb FTW.

Niced: (1)