Old 03-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 536 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Seems hard to sue the Chinese that makes the same bags from multiple factories in China. Suing Bagalane is possible as they still make the original model for them from multiple factories, the other more expensive model of same thing is a "improvement" by having a side compartment have the ability to be a insulated cooler with drain pouch. In my mind it is not enough to change the bag to being an improvement on an old model unlike the Infinity almost knock off of the small Upper Parks bag.

I know man, just wishful thinking.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2019, 03:44 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
I know man, just wishful thinking.
Me too, but I think GB is letting it slide as only a black and grey model were made as the knock off. Still even with price reduction it would not be enough to try the knock off disc golf bag, more like $100-110 and I would try it over the original Gorilla Boy as I have a set up for less then $100 that has a seat built on it.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:09 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Me too, but I think GB is letting it slide as only a black and grey model were made as the knock off. Still even with price reduction it would not be enough to try the knock off disc golf bag, more like $100-110 and I would try it over the original Gorilla Boy as I have a set up for less then $100 that has a seat built on it.

You could give it to me for free and I’d make a “review video” of me throwing it in the garbage and reviewing it zero stars. I wouldn’t be caught dead supporting those ****heels at any cost. Fkn scumbags, the whole lot of them.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-04-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
You could give it to me for free and I’d make a “review video” of me throwing it in the garbage and reviewing it zero stars. I wouldn’t be caught dead supporting those ****heels at any cost. Fkn scumbags, the whole lot of them.
Yeah sure with the brand Baglane but if I happend to find another knock off from direct china maybe as I do not want to be associated with a bad company and rather just have an anonymous bag from a unknown Chinese factory rip off as this happens all the time in China. However I would much rather support a guy who is making the original product for people and making a living in the USA. I do have to say one thing that the Simian looks like a slight modification of a bag used for backpacking that I have seen out there, just the one for backpacking had an open top with clip strap and no seat as well as the bottle holders being where you would put a disc between the main disc storage and the side pockets which were smaller on the Backpacking bag.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:13 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts
Cool Fusion Bag

So I've had one of those Fusion bags for over a year now. Haven't used it in the last 6 months or so because I bought a Dynamic Discs ZUCA cart and an Innova Super Hero bag to go with it. The fusion is a very solid bag, but it does show wear after heavy use. ( A Simian probably would as well) If I have a tournament on a course that is not cart friendly I still use it but it's the exception rather than the rule for me these days. In fact, usually when I carry a bag now I use a Dynamic GBO messenger bag with about six discs, my disc gator, and tripod for non tourney rounds.

I love the cart though. So much easier on the body especially on multi-round days. I recently played 54 holes (15 miles worth) in one day and I know I never would have made it carrying a bag.

That being said, haters gonna hate. The Fusion bag is good especially for the price. Good quality everything. Most people don't play anywhere near as much as I do. I'm a seven round per week minimum guy weather permitting. SO I started wearing the bottom of the Fusion bag out a bit after 6 months and the strap padding is more compressed than when it was new. I figure I have put 2-3 years of "normal" wear and tear on the bag and its still fully usable. As with all things your mileage may vary.

I hear GB has a new version of the Simian out now. I haven't seen one so I cant comment on it. I'm sure it's a great bag just like the original Simian (this I have seen). That's why they were copied in the first place.

So moral dilemmas or crystal clear, black and white perceptions of right and wrong aside, The Fusion Pro is a good product .
Gorilla Boy is a good product that was copied by Baglane. Baglane made a great copy.

I would buy it again.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Niced 993 Times in 552 Posts

You're back shilling, eh? Go on promoting your product (or friend's product), but why not be honest about it? Maybe I'm wrong, but it's all you've done on DGCR. Other than a few posts all to the same thread, they've all just been to push these knockoffs.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-16-2019, 07:40 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
You're back shilling, eh? Go on promoting your product (or friend's product), but why not be honest about it? Maybe I'm wrong, but it's all you've done on DGCR. Other than a few posts all to the same thread, they've all just been to push these knockoffs.

Right? Design clearly ripped off, smug shills and lots of shoulder shrugging “yeah we stole it, get over it” attitudes. Honestly I don’t know how a company could present a product in any worse of a light. It’s like a textbook example of how not to engage your target demographic.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Right? Design clearly ripped off, smug shills and lots of shoulder shrugging “yeah we stole it, get over it” attitudes. Honestly I don’t know how a company could present a product in any worse of a light. It’s like a textbook example of how not to engage your target demographic.
If One is to make the same exact bag design, improve on the old style of the old bag that is being copied. Bagalane could have made the bag better with larger side pockets or something. It was not until a few years later that Baglane has made a modified of this Gorilla Boy bag with one of the side pockets as a cooler with drain storage, a bit late for that.

Originally I would have made the bag side pockets be more rectangular to have just a tad bit more storage for tall items and made the bottom pocket not use a zipper but rather a Velcro system for latching hoping it helps the pocket Zipper issues the early runs of Gorilla Boy Bags had.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts

Dude. I'm not shilling. I said the Gorilla Boy bag was a quality product. That's not schilling.

I saw a review of the NEW GB Simian. Looks like it's well made. They took away a lot of features that make the BAGLANE bag so good though.

LOL!!!

F. Howl, if I could be any two people they would both be you. Nah maybe not