Old 03-24-2019, 01:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 728 Times in 509 Posts

Hey just a quick shout out... Thanks!

I've been trying to use the swim move BH with meh results... I'm a BH player and yeah I feel like I can get something out of it but its messing with my timing but...

I'm a weak FH player and using the swim move for FH has made for instant results. It starts my shoulder rotation and has helped unjam me, I'm easily getting 60-80+ feet more, less pain, better control. My FH form must be awful haha....
Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2019, 02:57 PM
Par Member

Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Sometimes I feel like SW is reading minds. Was thinking offarm just before this new video came out:

Offarm been coming to my nightmares for quite a while since I haven't been able to figure it out, have tried this swimming move several times and it always felt off and not powerfull enough to incorporate into my swing. Finally figured why... I have this bad habit of striding little closed to my trajectory line and when I tried to swim 180 degrees away from trajectory line it always felt like offarm came into my way.

Well I started to think about my left leg countering the throw to right and tried to feel the same kind of counter with my left arm. Suddenly my body wanted to do that swimming stroke to southeast direction (North being the target and south 180 degrees from target, sorry about my bad english).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uu5y8-ltU

This might be horribly wrong and my reasoning behind it aswell, but wanted to share for discussion/learning purposes.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by sidewinder22; 08-26-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepi View Post
Sometimes I feel like SW is reading minds. Was thinking offarm just before this new video came out:
That video is great, I tried it with an upside down broom to act as the stick and it made me feel a different timing and shift than I ever have before. Once you feel it, it's easy to replicate.

Basically it makes me feel like how McBeth's off arm looks...and it's pretty different to what I have been doing. Hopefully it's correct. I feel like the motion moves forward with the left arm very early, to get my torso to the front leg. The rear arm pushing motion on the stick is more to help the shift of the whole body/CoM rather than to release the arm which would be way late. Once I've done that push, I feel like the left arm is forward and can do the stall/counter of my swing, and then as my swing is releasing my left arm is already in front of my spine and body and can just continue to carry forward with my follow through. It's not lagging behind my spine or away from my body.

The move is almost twofold, it first helps move my balance to my front leg, then after that it helps my throwing arm release away a bit. Then it's in the right place in front of me to keep my body following through fully, rather than slowing it.

Niced: (1)