Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 700 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
This is too bad.

I'm sure one of the reasons that Sexton Firebirds sell like hotcakes when they come out is because people watch Nate work wonders with that disc every time he plays a tournament. Conrad is doing the same with his Aviars, and Wysocki with his Pigs.

Those extra sales mean extra money for said pro. Barsby Eagles sold out maybe a couple times early on, but he could have made a lot more if there was the same synergy going on as with the aforementioned pros.
Sexton Firebirds sell well because they are a great disc. Perfect dome, great plastic, not too hard or too soft, and its a bit easier to throw when compared to a normal champ firebird. Sexton throwing them amazingly helps but without sexton that would still be a great disc.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-30-2019, 06:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 15
Niced 464 Times in 281 Posts

To be fair he didn’t have a hugely visible season this year anyway. He may have been throwing these real well, it just wasn’t filmed and put on YouTube.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 674 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonifield View Post
Honestly I think he likes the disc but is scared to tell classic eagle throwers that they'll love it , because it's so different. He's been throwing it well in tournaments.
I didn't get that impression from talking to him. I think they just came out too overstable and glideless.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:22 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 68 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonifield View Post
Honestly I think he likes the disc but is scared to tell classic eagle throwers that they'll love it , because it's so different. He's been throwing it well in tournaments.
Why would any pro whose disc funds their ability to tour be scared to tell throwers of discs that are long oop, and are only available on an aftermarket that they should get a new disc? That doesn't make sense.
If anything, those are the throwers who Innova should have catered to with a Barsby tour series Eagle. Make it exactly to the specs of one he would cry about if he lost it. Like that red one he was using last year while making the woods look like childs play. Seeing him throw that one and watching what he was doing with it was what made me really interested in throwing Eagles more.