#4091  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:31 PM
TAFL's Avatar
TAFL TAFL is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Kansastan
Years Playing: 35.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 715
Niced 153 Times in 102 Posts
Default

The older fairways didn't fly well, for me. The Trak, for example, was something that I viewed as more of a mid. When the new fairways appeared (and I figured out the first Valley I had was a lemon), I carried a Vamp, a Valley, and an Arch and found them all to work better than the older models.

And thinking about it now, I think I need to put together an all-Vibram bag for cold weather. Ridge, Ibex, Vamp, Valley, Arch, Lace, UnLace, all in medium or soft.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #4092  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:54 PM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,891
Niced 1,107 Times in 582 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFL View Post
The older fairways didn't fly well, for me. The Trak, for example, was something that I viewed as more of a mid. When the new fairways appeared (and I figured out the first Valley I had was a lemon), I carried a Vamp, a Valley, and an Arch and found them all to work better than the older models.

And thinking about it now, I think I need to put together an all-Vibram bag for cold weather. Ridge, Ibex, Vamp, Valley, Arch, Lace, UnLace, all in medium or soft.
Apsh, Trak is the best of the bunch. OOP'ing the Trak is what turned me away from Vibram (besides still using Soles to putt).
Reply With Quote
  #4093  
Old 01-04-2018, 07:33 PM
TerryTuffskins's Avatar
TerryTuffskins TerryTuffskins is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 234
Niced 117 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Apsh, Trak is the best of the bunch. OOP'ing the Trak is what turned me away from Vibram (besides still using Soles to putt).
I also liked the Trak. Arch seems like a needless renaming of what is pretty much the same disc.
Reply With Quote
  #4094  
Old 08-31-2019, 11:23 AM
Moose33 Moose33 is online now
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 5,790
Niced 1,459 Times in 928 Posts
Default

Was at a local PIAS the other day and they had some Vibram for cheap. Ended up getting a Crag and Ascent, mostly to just hang on the wall and remember Vibram by bit of course I had to throw them and see if I had missed anything.

The Ascent is a pretty standard long fairway/short control driver for some turn some fade and is overall not extremely special but very useable.

The Crag however is very interesting. It’s like a Harpish slow mid/ approach disc with this weird high wing and shoulder, fairly deep, and for hit and stick approaches inside 250 it’s really accurate and realizable. It’s got a downright funky feel but throws really well.
Reply With Quote
  #4095  
Old 07-21-2020, 07:44 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 539
Niced 305 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Digging this thread up because Im curious if these Vibram putters are worth anything.

I was going through my stash and found these two Ridges. The red one is a 176g and the one with the skull is a 175. The red one was used for maybe two or three rounds and the skull one was likely thrown a few times in a field. Unfortunately, both are inked.

Thinking of thinning out a chunk of discs that I dont throw but didnt want to over or under price these things.

Any idea where I should price these things?



Reply With Quote
  #4096  
Old 07-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is online now
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 5,790
Niced 1,459 Times in 928 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Digging this thread up because Im curious if these Vibram putters are worth anything.

I was going through my stash and found these two Ridges. The red one is a 176g and the one with the skull is a 175. The red one was used for maybe two or three rounds and the skull one was likely thrown a few times in a field. Unfortunately, both are inked.

Thinking of thinning out a chunk of discs that I dont throw but didnt want to over or under price these things.

Any idea where I should price these things?



Ive seen them in the $20-30 Range, but you might get more than that on Facebook. I dont mess with that though.
Reply With Quote
  #4097  
Old 08-02-2020, 10:11 PM
Bearded188 Bearded188 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'll buy them from ya
Reply With Quote
  #4098  
Old 08-04-2020, 07:15 PM
captain jack's Avatar
captain jack captain jack is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pac NW
Years Playing: 38.3
Courses Played: 30
Posts: 2,144
Niced 69 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Both are standard Granite runs, not really collectible or valuable besides being obsolete.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #4099  
Old 08-14-2020, 09:54 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 331
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,330
Niced 4,482 Times in 1,978 Posts
Default

This Vibram Trek could be yours for just $300...

https://www.ebay.com/i/202884377006?...UaArCwEALw_wcB













For that price, it ought to come with a backpack bag, or maybe even a cart.


I suppose if you never ask for it, you'll never know if someone's stoopid enough to pay it.
Reply With Quote
 

  #4100  
Old 08-14-2020, 10:01 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 471
Posts: 9,390
Niced 2,601 Times in 1,476 Posts
Default

i remember when you couldnt give away vibram discs for free
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 11:36 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
Yikun Disc Golf - Official Part II Yikun Disc Golf DGCR Sponsors & Vendors 3 04-04-2014 01:11 AM
Vibram Disc Golf Thread StevenDodge Discs 4836 03-25-2013 09:13 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.