Old 08-31-2019, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts

So I go into a pro shop today and fondle a flight number firm Electron Envy. Absolute junk. It was more flexible than my medium Electron Envy I bought for the LE first run stamp.

I am very glad I have backups already, because these will not every be bought by me.

Absolute trash.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-31-2019, 02:59 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,168 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
So I go into a pro shop today and fondle a flight number firm Electron Envy. Absolute junk. It was more flexible than my medium Electron Envy I bought for the LE first run stamp.
This reminds me of how Gateway grades their plastic.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-31-2019, 03:10 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 63 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post

I am very glad I have backups already, because these will not every be bought by me.

Absolute trash.
150 class maybe?
Old 08-31-2019, 03:18 PM
Par Member

I also just heard through the grapevine that they will be announcing some new releases next week.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
150 class maybe?
Nope, 174g

As a general rule, lighter weight discs from MVP tend to have firmer overmolds. The core is affected barely, if any, at all.

There is a rumor that MVP uses 2 different weighted cores, one for 150 class non fission and one for normal weights but I have never been able to verify this.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:33 PM
* Ace Member *

I did pick up a used Neutron Clash and an Plasma Amp. I have not had a Clash in my bag since I lost my Solar Spinner a couple years ago. It may go into my collection whilst the Amp I got for a water disc.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 559 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to link those, Mike. That's how my Octane was flying new with a little bit of headwind (I have a pretty big arm but not as big as yours) but now it's flipping over when there's wind unless I really power it down.

I have also been playing around with a Proton wrath and really liking it, but it's 166 so even though I've had good luck with it I don't really trust it into a headwind not to turn too much. Guess I'll have to stock up on a few of em now that it's going OoP with the Clash.. Need some Neutron Atoms too I guess. I think everyone's bag is gonna be going through some growing pains in the near future.
The max weight Neutron Wraths do really well in the wind. It's one of my favorite forehand discs.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:59 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
The max weight Neutron Wraths do really well in the wind. It's one of my favorite forehand discs.
How much difference is there between a tesla and a wrath of the same weight and same plastic? I know PLH and how they mold up will ultimately decide this but I had a 175 proton tesla and when I learned to keep the nose down it became my most reliable disc. Dead straight for a mile with a reliable fade at the end.

My hope has been that the proton wrath would be like that out of the box. I think mine was close only a bit more turn but it was also 10g lighter so that could have been a factor. I like neutron plastic just fine but there's something about proton that feels better in my hand.

ANYWAY I just lost my only wrath, one of my inertias , and my only crave - plasma 175 workhorse fairway driver so maybe I should just rip the bandaid now and buy some neutron wraths or proton teslas.

Cripes.. My tendency to lose discs doesn't pair well with some of my plastics and backup molds going OoP.. only carrying 7-8 molds at any time now and I still can't seem to acquire multiples of them all before losing the originals
Old 09-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 6
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
How much difference is there between a tesla and a wrath of the same weight and same plastic? I know PLH and how they mold up will ultimately decide this but I had a 175 proton tesla and when I learned to keep the nose down it became my most reliable disc. Dead straight for a mile with a reliable fade at the end.

My hope has been that the proton wrath would be like that out of the box. I think mine was close only a bit more turn but it was also 10g lighter so that could have been a factor. I like neutron plastic just fine but there's something about proton that feels better in my hand.

ANYWAY I just lost my only wrath, one of my inertias , and my only crave - plasma 175 workhorse fairway driver so maybe I should just rip the bandaid now and buy some neutron wraths or proton teslas.

Cripes.. My tendency to lose discs doesn't pair well with some of my plastics and backup molds going OoP.. only carrying 7-8 molds at any time now and I still can't seem to acquire multiples of them all before losing the originals
Well...proton wrath going oop, so I'd try to find a different replacement for it. I can't offer suggestions yet, as I haven't lost my proton wrath ....yet. I'll likely go the neutron route though I think.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 729 Times in 510 Posts

So who's been watching Sales of their wish list on the different disc sellers sites?

I noticed heavy proton Spins have declined in stock, but no others, Tangents seems like lighter ones are moving. I haven't really noticed much else.

I kind of expected a little more action..