Old 12-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

PSA: regular Voyagers are now $79.95 on amazon in most colors. Voyager Pros are selling for $109.95, which is a sweet deal in its own right...just not as good as $79.95.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2018, 10:23 PM
Eagle Member

I've played a few rounds with the Voyager and am really liking it. Main compartment fits 18 discs comfortably, plus two in the putter pocket for a standard setup of 20 discs. The versatility of the top pocket is super nice. You can fit an extra 4 or 5 discs up there if you really need to (which would increase max carrying capacity to 25 discs). I typically only bag 19 or 20 though, so I like using the top pocket for carrying towels, jacket, hat and gloves, etc.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:15 PM

Courses Played: 22
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

The Voyager bag is nice. I got one about 3 months ago for about 120 from Amazon. I also have a Grip B series bag and although that bag feels bigger, I can fit more discs in the MVP. It’s definitely worth it for the price.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:34 PM
Eagle Member

Had a very rainy round today, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of water resistance in the Voyager bag. Side pockets are lined, which kept my keys/wallet/phone dry. $80 was definitely a huge steal on this bag.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Eagle Member

Update: The bag is showing some early wear.

The basket-weave material is fraying pretty bad at the 'U' part of the shoulder strap. Looks close to tearing. Should hopefully remain functional, but it looks like crap and will reduce the overall stability of the bag especially when picking up and taking off. I'm pretty bummed. Glad I got the bag on such a steep discount.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-11-2019, 11:30 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The regular voyagers have dropped to 59.99 on amazon. Does anybody know if this would be a great bag to put on my regular size zuca backpack cart? I'm thinking at 59.99, these are probably old stock that hasn't been updated but it shouldn't affect anything if it just sits on a cart right?

Thanks, everyone.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:39 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Update: The bag is showing some early wear.

The basket-weave material is fraying pretty bad at the 'U' part of the shoulder strap. Looks close to tearing. Should hopefully remain functional, but it looks like crap and will reduce the overall stability of the bag especially when picking up and taking off. I'm pretty bummed. Glad I got the bag on such a steep discount.
Good to know. I almost got one in 2018 when first on sale but something that would fit my current set up, the metal seat is what I got instead when that backpack bag first came out as a backup.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 09-12-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvelljeff View Post
The regular voyagers have dropped to 59.99 on amazon. Does anybody know if this would be a great bag to put on my regular size zuca backpack cart? I'm thinking at 59.99, these are probably old stock that hasn't been updated but it shouldn't affect anything if it just sits on a cart right?

Thanks, everyone.
Never used a zuca. my only concern would be how easy it is to access the top compartment. does the zuca seat block access to the top of bags? If so, then this would not be a good bag for the cart. IMO the flexibilty of the top compartment is the best feature of the bag. But if that's not an issue, then absolutely it would be a good deal. My only complaint (see above) is that the outer basket-weave material is fraying at the pressure point created when picking up/setting down the bag by the shoulder strap. In a cart you're not going to create that pressure point, so it should hold up a very long time for you.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:55 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Good to know. I almost got one in 2018 when first on sale but something that would fit my current set up, the metal seat is what I got instead when that backpack bag first came out as a backup.
It's still a great bag for the current $60 price. But it's not going to hold up forever. I originally hoped to get 4-5 years from the bag, but now I'd say it'll be more like 2-3 years. $60 for 2.5 years is still a good value IMO.

Niced: (1)

Old 09-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 131
Niced 662 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Never used a zuca. my only concern would be how easy it is to access the top compartment. does the zuca seat block access to the top of bags? If so, then this would not be a good bag for the cart. IMO the flexibilty of the top compartment is the best feature of the bag. But if that's not an issue, then absolutely it would be a good deal. My only complaint (see above) is that the outer basket-weave material is fraying at the pressure point created when picking up/setting down the bag by the shoulder strap. In a cart you're not going to create that pressure point, so it should hold up a very long time for you.
No, the Zuca Backpack cart allows for easy access to the top compartment. (see pic). It goes past 90 degrees so you can access the top of the bag. Works great with my Grip bag accessing the putter pocket. I also use the Zuca putter pouch attachment for my putters so now that pouch on the Grip becomes a nice storage area for whatever (towels, hoodie, food, etc...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zuca.jpg (65.1 KB, 6 views)