Old 09-15-2019, 05:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 239
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 76 Times in 26 Posts
Cool

Chris Clemons #50401 from Kansas City, Missouri with a course record 52 on Fox Run Meadows Gold, unofficially rated at 1091!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 09-15-2019, 05:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 307 Times in 126 Posts

Every tournament thread, a bunch of men likely older than the FPO players they are criticizing, judging, and dumping on do just that. Every. Single. Tournament.

I don’t know why I read a tournament thread. Someone should do the analysis. What percentage of posts about the FPO division is criticism, psychoanalysis, etc.?

If you read between the lines, a bunch of you are saying that Cat is a b$&@% and you don’t like it. Wonder what the women in your lives think about some of you.

Niced: (5)
Old 09-15-2019, 05:46 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 528 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lung View Post
Chris Clemons #50401 from Kansas City, Missouri with a course record 52 on Fox Run Meadows Gold, unofficially rated at 1091!

WHAT IS IN THAT CLEMONADE?!?!!

Props to Chris, that’s a FEAT!
Old 09-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 145
Niced 320 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Odd start on hole one for MPO. . i dont really "get" that OB rule
https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-...isc-golf/80302
D. A player may elect at any time to take optional relief by declaring their intention to the group. The lie may then be relocated by marking a new lie which is farther from the target, and is on the line of play. One penalty throw is added to the player's score.
E. No penalty throw is added if optional relief is being taken following a penalty taken for a disc out-of-bounds or above two meters.

At any point you can choose to take optional relief straight back on the line of play. Maybe there's a big bush in your face. Maybe your runup is rocky and uneven. Maybe you don't like your angle to the green. Whatever the reason is, you can go back on the LOP as far as you want at the cost of one penalty stroke. However, the rules committee doesn't want to double penalize you for being stuck under a big bush while coming off an OB stroke at the same time; they give you the relief for free since you already got a penalty stroke for being OB.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-15-2019, 06:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 145
Niced 320 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Kind of odd in a way that your rating depends on how the other players are doing, i can think a 62 is a 62
But i do understand why it have to be that way
Well, the primary theory behind it is that on average, players will play to their average ability. When you get enough players in the field, this holds to be true to a high degree of accuracy. If you were to take a group of 20 players and play them through a course twice, would you expect their average score to be exactly the same? Maybe 1 stroke different? Maybe 10 strokes different?
Or try it again with a field of 100 players. Exactly the same, 1 stroke different, 10 strokes different, or more?

Being 1 stroke different seems to me (without doing any fancy math) that it's pretty damn close. Some people shot better the second time around. Some people shot worse. But on average, the field shot within 1.5% round-to-round. Pretty damn close.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,539 Times in 1,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddL View Post
https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-...isc-golf/80302
D. A player may elect at any time to take optional relief by declaring their intention to the group. The lie may then be relocated by marking a new lie which is farther from the target, and is on the line of play. One penalty throw is added to the player's score.
E. No penalty throw is added if optional relief is being taken following a penalty taken for a disc out-of-bounds or above two meters.

At any point you can choose to take optional relief straight back on the line of play. Maybe there's a big bush in your face. Maybe your runup is rocky and uneven. Maybe you don't like your angle to the green. Whatever the reason is, you can go back on the LOP as far as you want at the cost of one penalty stroke. However, the rules committee doesn't want to double penalize you for being stuck under a big bush while coming off an OB stroke at the same time; they give you the relief for free since you already got a penalty stroke for being OB.
I missed the first couple holes of MPO coverage so I wasn't sure what Jolt was referring to. Now that I've seen this post and gone back and looked, I understand. It's not really an "OB rule". It's a relief rule that's been on the books for years, only now the penalty is waived in certain situations so as to not penalize the same throw twice.

I invoked the rule myself last week at the Selinske. I was surprised and impressed that everyone on my card knew exactly what I was doing without question as well. And clearly no one on the lead card today was unfamiliar with it, so it would seem not to be an unfamiliar rule for players on tour.

While I'm not happy to see Dickerson (or anyone really) throw OB, I am glad that this rule was used on the lead card of a tournament being aired live (and eventually on post-pro). Having rules come up like this and be used properly to the player's advantage is a great educational tool for those that don't know.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,725 Times in 1,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Seems hard to believe for someone just diagnosed with social anxiety and proclaimed to have a bad attitude.
how you do know she was diagnosed with social anxiety
Old 09-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 528 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
how you do know she was diagnosed with social anxiety

Pay him no mind. He was being mean about what I said earlier about having empathy for people whose behavior you don’t understand.

Instead he doubled down. #classy
Old 09-15-2019, 09:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 413 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Yes i can be fun to see somebody "new" on the live cards. . but, did the live get as many views without the top names on the cards?
You heard them say yesterday that the crowd followed Paiges card, very few people with the lead card

the MPO card have two big names that people like to follow, and two "new" thats not on the leadcard every week. . a nice mix
Yeah FPO1 had 3 for a while, by the end of the round there was 30 or so. FPO2 with PP and Cat had at least 10 when they teed off on hole 11, while FPO1 had 6 or so at that point.

Old 09-15-2019, 10:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 242
Niced 1,619 Times in 708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Pay him no mind. He was being mean about what I said earlier about having empathy for people whose behavior you don’t understand.

Instead he doubled down. #classy
Mean? Innuendo, supposition and conjecture for the purpose of white knighting....that was my objection. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you had some insight beyond the above.