Old 09-21-2019, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 177
Niced 118 Times in 73 Posts

I used the excuse of sitting down during long rounds as my main excuse to buy a cart, but deep down, I did it as a fad thing because I wanted to be among the first in my two groups I frequent to have one.

In the end, while I do use it to sit during really long tournament rounds, the primary reason I break out the cart on those non-long round tournaments is to have a steady platform when I film. Otherwise, I still have two bags I use; the Grip for everyday and the Lat E3 for the league, normal tournament rounds, or where the cart cannot go.

I do not regret getting the cart in general, but I would have been served getting the backpack cart instead of the full setup with the AT.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2019, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 510 Times in 316 Posts

I definitely think that carts are going to keeping gaining in popularity. Obviously a cart can be course specific. The majority of courses that I play, especially for B-Tier tournaments, are cart friendly.

I'd been using different bags since 2004 & have just gotten to a point (& age) where it's been wearing me down. Just got a Crosslap Cubus cart & have really been noticing how much better I feel at the end of a round. The key was really just getting used to figuring how to setup the inside of the cart & keep the weight centered in the right places.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2019, 10:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 876 Times in 335 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Isn't the sexiest looking cart but works for me.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-21-2019, 10:19 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
I completely understand people who have bad backs and also using one for tournament play. What I don't understand is why a 860 rated player needs one for casual rounds. Carrying 20+ discs ain't going to help your nose up and rounding issues.
Carts are a matter of personal preference, whether someone feels like schlepping a bag around, or pulling a cart around has absolutely no bearing on their skill as a player. If someone enjoys the game, and wants to throw some $$ at it, that's 100% their business. I don't agree with the statement that only highly skilled players should use a cart

Old 09-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 120 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
Carts are a matter of personal preference, whether someone feels like schlepping a bag around, or pulling a cart around has absolutely no bearing on their skill as a player. If someone enjoys the game, and wants to throw some $$ at it, that's 100% their business. I don't agree with the statement that only highly skilled players should use a cart
When did I say only highly skilled players should use them?

Old 09-21-2019, 11:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 3
Niced 147 Times in 81 Posts

I am 70+ years old and have the expected physical issues for someone my age, knees, back, etc, and all I play is casual rounds with friends. I like to keep my number of discs carried down to 12 or less and just really learn how to utilize the ones that I have. I don't think that I will ever get a cart.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:04 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
For me, carts are great for exactly one thing: a place to sit. So if I don't anticipate needing to sit down, I would never use a cart. On the other hand, if I were playing a lot of packed tournaments I would buy a cart to effectively use as a rolling lawn chair.
They make models of carts that do not have a seat on them, at least 2 from each from different brands that I can think of.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:13 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post

I remember for the longest time even with the odd cart from Gotta Go Gotta Throw, this style you show but modified more for single strap bags was what most people used, until the dolly type pull carts with the removable bag were being made with a seat on them then those started getting used more until actual disc golf carts with seats on them became available.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:22 AM
Par Member

Niced 126 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
I am 70+ years old and have the expected physical issues for someone my age, knees, back, etc, and all I play is casual rounds with friends. I like to keep my number of discs carried down to 12 or less and just really learn how to utilize the ones that I have. I don't think that I will ever get a cart.

I agree that 12 is about all anyone needs but if you ever play competitively at all, even amongst friends, it’s a good idea to have back ups.

These days, I either carry a shoulder bag with about 14 discs or roll a cart that allows for back ups for everything and some practice putters.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post

If I ever went back to a cart, it would be push, not pull.