#1  
Old 09-10-2018, 05:16 PM
n88n n88n is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Courses Played: 26
Posts: 42
Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default S-Line DDx around 166ish

So i recently started throwing DDx as my main distance driver. I keep a 175 that does not turn too much and a 167ish that will generally give a fair amount of turn.

I lost my light DDx and now i can't find any in stock on the web. Is this a common thing that lighter DDx are not available? If so i think it would be enough to have me looking at a different mold for that slot.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-10-2018, 05:48 PM
racer93 racer93 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The wilds of KY
Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 24
Posts: 970
Niced 84 Times in 56 Posts
Default

I have a 170g S-line DDx if you're interested. Been thrown about 10 times (or less). No major scuffs or damage at all. Let me know if you're interested.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-11-2018, 12:19 AM
Lumberjack504's Avatar
Lumberjack504 Lumberjack504 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 424
Niced 158 Times in 110 Posts
Default

I would check out a star or champ shryke.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2018, 01:08 AM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,097
Niced 670 Times in 528 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
I would check out a star or champ shryke.
Or a heavy Tern. The DDX is fairly similar to a Tern, but I feel like it has a bit more late fade and a touch less glide.

Terns are also very easy to find anywhere you look, and far easier to replace if you lose them.

The Shryke is a good suggestion too though. Its a hair faster and has better glide than a DDX.

Truth be told, there are quite a few drivers out there from various manufacturers that fly fairly similarly to a DDX.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-11-2018, 03:34 PM
n88n n88n is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Courses Played: 26
Posts: 42
Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
I have a 170g S-line DDx if you're interested. Been thrown about 10 times (or less). No major scuffs or damage at all. Let me know if you're interested.
super nice of you to offer it up. I have a 175 and i am borrowing a friends lighter one. My question is more about getting these regularly. If it is always an issue getting these discs then i would look at a number of other options. If it is a one time fluke in the market then i would stick to the DDx.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-11-2018, 03:47 PM
n88n n88n is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Courses Played: 26
Posts: 42
Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Or a heavy Tern. The DDX is fairly similar to a Tern, but I feel like it has a bit more late fade and a touch less glide.

Terns are also very easy to find anywhere you look, and far easier to replace if you lose them.

The Shryke is a good suggestion too though. Its a hair faster and has better glide than a DDX.

Truth be told, there are quite a few drivers out there from various manufacturers that fly fairly similarly to a DDX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
I would check out a star or champ shryke.


All great suggestions and these exact discs are why i ask the question about if these lighter discs are always hard to find or just something weird going on this week.

I have thrown tern, DDx and Shryke and i find them mostly interchangeable. They were all 175s and i think the first time i played with the weight it was with the DDx. WIth that lighter DDx i get more turn out of it but i bet i would with a Shryke or Tern.

I guess my real question is do you guys often see that lighter DDx discs are not available to purchase.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-11-2018, 03:48 PM
n88n n88n is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Courses Played: 26
Posts: 42
Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default

I feel like a tresspass is in this same group as well.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-11-2018, 03:51 PM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 625
Niced 201 Times in 153 Posts
Default

Discmania discs in general are harder to replace. They can't quite keep up with demand right now. Ever try finding a S-line CD2? Good luck.

edit: I look like an idiot, they actually did restock those recently. But my point still stands.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-11-2018, 04:43 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,075
Niced 2,148 Times in 1,582 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n88n View Post
So i recently started throwing DDx as my main distance driver. I keep a 175 that does not turn too much and a 167ish that will generally give a fair amount of turn.

I lost my light DDx and now i can't find any in stock on the web. Is this a common thing that lighter DDx are not available? If so i think it would be enough to have me looking at a different mold for that slot.
Unfortunately, it is indeed the case that Discmania discs in the plastics and weights we want (i like upper 160s, too) are hard if not impossible to get for LONG periods of time.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 09-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,097
Niced 670 Times in 528 Posts
Default

If you want some high speed turn for lesser powered shots, try a Tern at about 166g. Those things flip up easily. They don't call the thing a Tern for nothing.

The Tern is the disc most closely associated with the DDX.... and like I said before, they're super easy to find.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DD vs DDx Mike C Discs 41 08-24-2019 12:23 AM
Looking for S-Line DDx's and P-Line MD3s!!!! yungfiji The Marketplace 17 07-20-2018 12:36 AM
C-Line DDx versus Lucid Sheriff smarkquart Discs 6 05-03-2017 04:04 PM
C-Line DDX dekdo The Marketplace 0 04-02-2017 09:45 PM
S Line and Metal Flake DDx IllustratorVir The Marketplace 5 04-26-2016 09:28 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.