Old 09-11-2019, 01:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 341 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Not maneuverable is the biggest problem I have with the cart. I mean other than not being able to fit the damn thing is a car without taking the back wheels off. There are a lot of downsides to the cart. It helps with the back, though. It's a trade-off.

I drive an SUV, so I have to take the top pole out, but the rest just fits in back...
My feet are my problem. I think I'm starting to develop arthritis in my toe joints, so standing/walking a lot can cause pain. So, the seat is nice.

Oh, I see now. The Stalker would range in there. I carry a Sentinel with Comets mostly to have something I can snap off lower and harder than a Comet; I've never really figured out how to get a Comet to work for me on anything other than a high line. I haven't thrown a Stalker but I'd have to guess it's a better disc for a low-line shot. I'm a huge Comet hypocrite since I claim it's a "carry one midrange" kind of disc, but then I always pair it with something because I can't get it to do everything. I think it's mostly user error, though.
My Stalker works like your Sentinel. To me, it is right in between the Comet and TeeBirds (I also throw). I have found the same thing, the Comet likes to have some air under it. I really love it for powerful, low line, hyzer flips, to flat. I'll generally use the Comet as an approach disc on that line.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2019, 08:24 AM
Eagle Member

Liking the compact cart. Only problem is balance on uneven terrain, but it's not a big deal.
2 Destroyer
2 Orc
1 FB
2 Escape
2 TeeBird
2 Stalker
3 Comet
1 Drone
2 Zone
4 Challenger

Lost the Nova in the lake, bought another to confine the experiment. But haven't really thrown it. Still kinda fun to throw around though....
Old 09-23-2019, 10:34 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,279 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Lost the Nova in the lake,
Which lake?

I swear if I played that course all the time I'd have to take out a loan to replace all the discs I'd lose.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:18 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Which lake?

I swear if I played that course all the time I'd have to take out a loan to replace all the discs I'd lose.
Haha, Logan University in Chesterfield.
Every Thursday after league my wife asks, "how many discs did you loose?" Not did you, how many...

Lake Holes: Temporarily lost - we have people that rake the lakes on 5, 6, 13, 15, & 16 so they usually come back
Creek holes: Temporarily lost after a big rain, but usually recoverable on holes 7, 8, 14, & 17

The Nova was a strange thing, I was pitching out of the woods (because I flubbed my drive) and hit an electrical box, it caught edge and rolled ~100' down a hill into the lake, never to be seen again (until someone finds it).
Old 09-24-2019, 10:43 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,279 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Haha, Logan University in Chesterfield.
Every Thursday after league my wife asks, "how many discs did you loose?" Not did you, how many...

Lake Holes: Temporarily lost - we have people that rake the lakes on 5, 6, 13, 15, & 16 so they usually come back
Creek holes: Temporarily lost after a big rain, but usually recoverable on holes 7, 8, 14, & 17

The Nova was a strange thing, I was pitching out of the woods (because I flubbed my drive) and hit an electrical box, it caught edge and rolled ~100' down a hill into the lake, never to be seen again (until someone finds it).
Phil ends up out here from time to time so he's on my facebook; I get to see the huge piles of plastic you guys are pulling out of those ponds.

I got back there for the first time since it was redesigned two weekends ago; only had time for nine. Had a rollaway on five sit down right next to the pond, tried to throw my drive on six into the pond but just barely made it over so I could turn over my second shot and lose sight of it (no telling where it is,) then I hit the cage on 9 and had a rollaway that sat down 3' short of the road. It was a fun time. I'm going to have to get over there and play the back nine soon, I'm sure I'll be able to lose more than one disc back there.

Niced: (1)

Old 09-24-2019, 12:53 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Phil ends up out here from time to time so he's on my facebook; I get to see the huge piles of plastic you guys are pulling out of those ponds.

I'm going to have to get over there and play the back nine soon, I'm sure I'll be able to lose more than one disc back there.
Phil is a good dude, but he's been working out of town lately...

Let me know when you make it back this way & I'll show you all the good places to loose discs!

Niced: (1)