Old 08-26-2019, 11:46 AM
Par Member

Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Thanks for the info everyone.

So I got my Kastaplast BERG K1 disc last week and played a round with it, and threw it in my field work the day before. It's pretty sweet and I can see how it will be a VERY useful disc to carry for all sorts of weird shots. Mostly think I'll end up putting with it, and using it for 150 or less approach shots. Crazy straight when thrown flat with a reliable fade at the end. And it does have less glide than most discs. Although I wouldn't say it's 0 or 1 as it's rated. I thought it literally was going to be like throwing a brick or something. Just drop out of the sky as soon as you throw it. I can throw it 200-210' no problem. It just doesn't keep on going for another 10, 20, or 30' like some putters or mids can do if you catch them just right. This disc ALWAYS comes up short of where you wanted it to land, so it's going to be very helpful when I want to leave the disc at or short of the basket. Plus it putts really well! And I love the plastic. Was going back and fourth over the K1, K2 and K3 plastics and really glad I got the K1 plastic. It's softish and gummy-ish, but not floppy. Has just the right amount of gummy or tackiness in the plastic, and firm enough where you can throw it and not feel it flopping around. I love it! Plus it's CRAZY hot pink with a sweet oil slick silver stamp! So glad I found this thing!

I think after reading all the replies on here and talking with a few other people, I'm starting to understand the glide ratings more. I think I should be good going forward on this topic. So thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links