Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinding View Post
Very understable and the plastic was very hard. It felt like one of those old melamine plates from the '70s.
exactly! Wham-O discs have to be the junkiest discs. I bought a set on clearance at Dicks SG and they were absolutely worthless. They flew unpredictably and were verry unforgiving.

I'm also curious ... has anyone else had the problem with deforming champion plastic? ... I leave my discs in the car periodically and I havent had any problems with my champ discs deforming ...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 81
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriefb11 View Post
... has anyone else had the problem with deforming champion plastic? ... I leave my discs in the car periodically and I havent had any problems with my champ discs deforming ...
I've had a bag full of Champions in my trunk in the Texas heat all summer. This year we broke a record for the most days over 100 degrees. During that time I have thrown all the discs at least every other day and have not noticed any difference in their shape or flight characteristics from spring to fall.

I have seen some used Champion discs at Play it again sports that look like the domes are permenantly collapsed. I'm not sure what from but I can tell you that three months in a bag in a trunk at 100 degrees won't do it.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:33 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 230
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 6 Posts

The wheel is pretty weak. I haven't played with it but the idea of throwing something that rolls without using any skill seems stupid. I might as well get a rubber ball, put a discraft logo on it and act like it is legit.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 69
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

This far down in the thread and no mention of the Aerobie Epic?

Had this thing for a week and the most inconsistent POS ever. Gave it to a friend, who threw one good drive with it. He also hasn't touched it since.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 44
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjulio View Post
This far down in the thread and no mention of the Aerobie Epic?

Had this thing for a week and the most inconsistent POS ever. Gave it to a friend, who threw one good drive with it. He also hasn't touched it since.
That was my first thought but I thought it was too easy. Sorta like picking on the dumb kid. Everyone knows it but you try not to talk about it.

Many will say the Epic is a good max distance overhand disc but I would give up the extra 60 feet to know where my disc is going to land then bounce then hop.

I also think that the plastic of the Epic Tur-bull. I cannot imagine it would hold up for someone using it as a driver.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I have never played with them, but I would assume that that the Aerobie Sharp Shooter series are bad news. At the very least, they look like crap.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:30 PM

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 84
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I personally can't appreciate (I don't have the arm power) what a Aerobie Epic does for your thumber and tomahawk drive as far as distance. But I have seen guys who can and have heard the stories. So there is some practicality to the Epic (being a great overhand driver and adding distance that a Firebird/Predator etc. didn't give you). Also the Wheel worked kinda, well worked as a roller approach but that's it. Just not very practical in my opinion.
But I would have to say the worse disc I have ever played with is a tie between the DGA Blowfly or the Quest 10 meter Brick. Both were way too flimsy for me to putt with comfortably and that flimsy seemed to hurt both of them when trying to get into the basket. The chains would seem to repulse the putters and barely move. They both rolled surprisingly well for being that limp (always away from the basket). I have known people who swear by the Blowfly so may be it's just me.
Now maybe both discs I used were just really flimsy because I have seen 10 meter bricks that were much stiffer.
Runner up would have to be the Wildfire from Quest. I love and support anybody not named INNOVA but the Quests Wildfire was weird. It's a overstable mid range that looks like a 1950's flying saucer. It had a huge center dome that you could be push down like a big button and make the damn thing super overstable to the point it would fade really hard and land on it's side. It really never worked for me but maybe somebody.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakley doakley View Post
I
But I would have to say the worse disc I have ever played with is a tie between the DGA Blowfly or the Quest 10 meter Brick.
the 10 meter brick is one of the purposed discs. If anyone has ever thrown a 30 foot over handed shot you know that it has to go very high to lay flat so not roll. This is not the case if you use the brick. It lays down very fast and will not roll past the target after hitting the ground. It is actually a great get out of trouble thumber disc at short distances and very accurate. It also a good understable putter if you are a lob putter for hills where you cannot afford a roll if you miss.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I have never played with them, but I would assume that that the Aerobie Sharp Shooter series are bad news. At the very least, they look like crap.
Today 09:18 PM
After throwing the epic for a while I would have said the same thing, but I bought the whole sharpshooter set when I was a new player because they float. They are very overstable for me backhand, but forehand is another story. For whatever reason I can forehand these discs better than any other disc I have. They are as consistent a disc as there is out there. My only complaint is the color, it is tough to find them in the woods.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would have said that my worst disc was the whamo long range driver I found on a course a few years ago. I don't think it was lost on the course, I think the owner just decided enough was enough. They are pieces o' crap and very understable, but I did learn to throw it hyzer flip style. It still wasn't a good disc but at least I knew what it was going to do.

Which leads me to my vote: Aerobie Epic. while my longest throw ever is with this disc, it is as unpredictable as an election in Florida One throw will be fine and the next flip over into a roller and take off straight left, and the throw after that one will be overstable. Anyway I don't carry the thing anymore. I tried to lose it once and the one time I get a call back on a lost disc was this curse finding its way back to me.