Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 14 Times in 7 Posts

When I got my River the first thing I noticed that made it so different from all my other drivers was its large diameter at 21.5 cm (most are 21.1 or 21.2). I would imagine that a Stalker would feel even more different at 21.6 cm.

It is somewhat of a hybrid with a mid like diameter and a driver like rim. Looking at the PDGA specs sheet, Innova doesn't have anything that fits that description except for the Viper (I know - nothing like a Stalker), and some of their oop molds that I know nothing about.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd say that the Stalker feels(in the hand) most like a River, but without the super awesome plastic. The flight is somewhat similar, except the Stalker doesn't bring the glide like a river, or hold the lines as well, or have the soft fade a river does.
I've heard the River compared to a Valkyrie, but I don't see it; nor would I then interpolate a Stalker to be anything like a Valk. I could maybe understand comparing a Stalker to a "faster cheetah," but the only cheetah I've thrown was a 150 DX when I was a nub. This really ties into the thread about Innova's lack of speed 8 discs.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, considering this is my favorite disc, I'll share my delight. The Stalker is a faster Buzzz with slight fade at the end with little skip. Compared to Innova it would be similiar to a slower beat in Teebird with less fade but with a beefier rim. The disc is very forgiving as I am typically a strong-armed thrower. Thrown on an hyzer with max velocity it will hold the hyzer line and slowly fade skipping 5-15ft (depending on surface) from its landing point. On a flat release it will stay straight and come to a gentle rest. I use it mainly for 300-325ft drives or approach shots 150-300ft. My favorite shot with this disc is low flat shots 250-300ft aiming just about 5-10ft to the outside of the basket. Last week I just aced it on my home course on a hole that I've been trying to ace for four years.

Thrown into a headwind flat it can turn with little glide. On a hyzer into a headwind it will hold the hyzer line and carry straight out further. My interchangable disc would be an Elite Z-Buzzz. On a low ceiling tunnel shot the Buzzz will fly straight but I need to soften up my arm speed so I don't torque it over, however sometimes a Buzzz has a tendency to rise. If I throw the Stalker, I do have to put additional arm speed behind it to keep on a straight line, but it seldomly rises in no condition winds. Too much torque, again it will slightly turn. Too less arm speed it will fade out quicker. At the end of the flight where a buzz will hit and stay flat, the Stalker will have a little more fade and end about 5-15ft from its landing. I don't throw this disc for anhyzers so I have no input there, that's where I use my Buzzz or even a Squall. Hope that all helps.

My Discraft Fairway/Midrange disc selection
Drone - overstable short-midrange shots
Wasp - stable short-midrange shots
Stalker - stable long range drives/approach shots
Buzzz - straight drives/approach shots
Squall - understable drives/approach shots

Last edited by patdb23; 10-31-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Patdb23 just described my experience with an ESP Impact.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 84
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

I have tried the Stalker again the last few weeks and I am undecided whether it will stay in the bag. I use it as a long fairway approach disc for those shoots I would otherwise throw the Buzzz a little harder.

It feels like a "beefee" midrange.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 35
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My relationship with a Stalker goes like this... I will read a thread that praises the Stalker and I reminisce about the handful of awesome throws I had with the disc. I pull the disc out of my stash of unused molds. I love the way it feels in hand. I put it back in bag. I have one or two awesome throws with it, only to be followed by subsequent throws that result in epic failures. I really want to like the disc, it is just not for me.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

It's a tweener that will really work with a small % of people. I can throw a mid farther and a FW driver is better in the wind. Didn't work for me. But I've seen Lopan12 throw freaking BBs with it. Try it out. If you don't bond quickly, move on.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'd say the Stalker flies like a max weight Champ Leopard that flies a little farther on lower lines.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 7
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not Innova, but my Buzzz SS throws very similar to my (lost) Stalker. So close that I just never replaced the Stalker. I put a Cyclone in it's place. Between the SS and the Cyclone I have 90% of the Stalker and a bunch of other shots the Stalker can't do.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,341 Times in 405 Posts

The answer is in every single one of these threads - it's a CFR Champ TL, flies just like a stalker.