Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 59
Niced 136 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
Oops! Guess its not first run.

I have.. It is an L-wing.
When I throw it, it goes straight with some turn, and then some dependable, but not hard, fade.
Post a pic of the bottom. It could make it easier to identify which run. I'd guess that its not second run as that run's yellow is the same as the coveted '01 roc which is very neon yellow where your pic is a much paler yellow in comparison. Third runs were the taffy, grippy run which just from your pic doesn't look like the one's I've seen/felt. Without looking at the bottom, I guessing its most likely a fourth run.

As to what its worth, Champion Edition, even L wing Eagles, have a healthy fade similar to later run eagle-x's IMO. I don't think there's going to be a huge difference in what its worth, other than first runs, unless you find a buyer that's looking for a particular feel. The good thing about CE is that they wear very slowly and are very durable so while it appears to be in good shape I'd say the condition maybe less than what you posted. Maybe 5-6/10 instead of 7/10 which are still very useful and the right buyer might be prefer well seasoned depending on the slot they're trying to fill. The center "Eagle" appears wiped, probably due to a lot of wear over the last 15 years, but the bottom wing often shows the little nicks that are tell tale signs of real use. I'd say value also has to do with INK on the bottom and might lower the price/interest by a good bit. Heavy ink, well seasoned should still be $30+ on the low end.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
Post a pic of the bottom. It could make it easier to identify which run. I'd guess that its not second run as that run's yellow is the same as the coveted '01 roc which is very neon yellow where your pic is a much paler yellow in comparison. Third runs were the taffy, grippy run which just from your pic doesn't look like the one's I've seen/felt. Without looking at the bottom, I guessing its most likely a fourth run.

As to what its worth, Champion Edition, even L wing Eagles, have a healthy fade similar to later run eagle-x's IMO. I don't think there's going to be a huge difference in what its worth, other than first runs, unless you find a buyer that's looking for a particular feel. The good thing about CE is that they wear very slowly and are very durable so while it appears to be in good shape I'd say the condition maybe less than what you posted. Maybe 5-6/10 instead of 7/10 which are still very useful and the right buyer might be prefer well seasoned depending on the slot they're trying to fill. The center "Eagle" appears wiped, probably due to a lot of wear over the last 15 years, but the bottom wing often shows the little nicks that are tell tale signs of real use. I'd say value also has to do with INK on the bottom and might lower the price/interest by a good bit. Heavy ink, well seasoned should still be $30+ on the low end.
Thanks for the info man.
The bottom has literally no ink. It must have been used so much that the weight on the bottom has worn off. Weighs 166.. Just weighed it today
So yeah, 7/10 is probably too generous. But, it does have a lot of integrity left in flight and physically.

I was just wondering how much it could be worth in its condition, but I think its just gonna be a thrower for me!

Last edited by DrBaartman; 10-02-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
...I think its just gonna be a thrower for me!
perfect

don't be surprised if the owner asks for it back when they see it again, but until then I'd consider it yours in good keeping.

note: CE discs tend to get brittle as they age and shatter upon tree hits in freezing conditions but how's the original owner ever gonna find it if they don't see you throw it. Do what you want, it ain't my frisbee
Old 10-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
perfect

I'd consider it yours in good keeping.
Yep. I always try my best to return discs, but there was no ink, and apparently no other people on the course when it was found.
Plus, it was found 2 states away from where I am now.
Mine in good keeping, unless fate brings it back to its original owner.

Thanks for the info man.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 108 Times in 59 Posts

As a younger player i used to have an Eagle but never really clicked with it and didn't understand the Eagle X and L varities.

However as I slowly disced down my game due to some back problems and form issues, I decided to give the Eagle a try again. As I have studied the best ways to throw this bird I have really come to love it.

It does so much with so little effort. I am amazed at the huge variety of lines I can hit with it.

Currently bagging DX, Star, ChampF2 all Eagle X in 173-175 range. I can't wait until this DX beats in a bit more and I can use it for more lines.

Thank you to the Eagle Throwers that have turned me onto this great bird.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 464 Times in 281 Posts

Ok I have an eagle question. I started throwing a champ eagle - x and love it. It's just right in the stable/overstable fairway slot for me. Then out of curiosity, and because I found a deal, I got a CE eagle-l. Honestly I wanted to see for myself what all the fuss is about CE discs.

The CE eagle-L is WAY more overstable than my champ eagle-x. What gives? Is this par for the course, did I get a fluke with one or the other? I like both I just expected the L to be more mellow than the X
Old 05-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 124
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 737 Times in 343 Posts

In general, you're right: Eagle L should have less HSS and LSS than Eagle X. Is your Champ Eagle X significantly more beat in than the CE? Or, is the X much lighter?

I'd be interested to see a profile pic of your Champ Eagle X vs. the CE Eagle L. Might be some noticeable difference in PLH or wing shape that explains the mis-matched stabilities.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts

I used to throw a lot of the grippy opaque champ Eagles. X mold I believe. It was great for straight FH shots, thumbers, and was very straight with a healthy fade RHBH. Stopped throwing them for a while because I had a PFN champ Banshee that I loved even more. Now I have a Star Eagle X and and PFN Star Eagle. The Star is pretty OS. Its a domey pop top and with that dome, just doesnt feel right in the hand. The PFN Star also has some dome, less than the other Star, but the PFN is beeeefy. This is one mold (Eagle in general), that seems to have a wide variation of stability. I feel like I could go hand pick 5 different Eagles and have 5 very different discs. Good? Bad? I'd say its great for minimizing molds, as long as you're able to hand pick them.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Might just be how the two molded up differently, i.e. PLH and dome differences like ThrowBot mentioned. I have a couple of CE ELs and they're definitely more understable than an EX generally is as conventional wisdom suggests. They're really beat and the plastic is getting "finger printy" i.e. breaking down and due for breakage so they sit on the wall. But when they were new I could see them being pretty stable b/c if memory serves right the wings seemed pretty tall and the guy that gave them to me thought he was giving me Eagles (X's I presume).

Old 05-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
Ok I have an eagle question. I started throwing a champ eagle - x and love it. It's just right in the stable/overstable fairway slot for me. Then out of curiosity, and because I found a deal, I got a CE eagle-l. Honestly I wanted to see for myself what all the fuss is about CE discs.

The CE eagle-L is WAY more overstable than my champ eagle-x. What gives? Is this par for the course, did I get a fluke with one or the other? I like both I just expected the L to be more mellow than the X
CE ELs are flat. That flatness makes them nicely stable. I've found that early runs (they were all Ls) have a nice straightish flight, if thrown hard enough, with a mini firebird late dumping fade at the end. If you compared your CE EL to a similar condition CE EX you definitely see a difference.

A fresher CE EX will want to start fading right out of your hand and will beat into a straighter flier retaining much of its hard fade similar to an EL. An equally seasoned CE EL will show some turn and may not fight out of a headwind. Also, the opaque CE is a touch more durable than the clearer later run CE, and a decent bit more durable than the taffy run except when its freezing outside and the opaque and taffy plastic doesn't give but may shatter on frozen trees.